Delivering a personalized, expert approach to cancer treatments
WellSpan offers medical oncology services to diagnose and treat your cancer with chemotherapy and other cancer-fighting therapies. In addition, medical oncologists also manage your overall cancer care treatment plan and monitor your ongoing progress. They work with you and your family to tailor an effective treatment plan to help meet your health goals and wishes. Our medical oncologists work closely with other cancer specialists, such as surgical oncologists and radiation oncologists, to provide you with expert care.
The leading-edge treatments we offer including chemotherapy, newly developed biologic and immune modulated therapies and, when appropriate, hormones. Our goal is to treat cancer with the most advanced and effective medicines, technology and procedures available today to give you the best chance at remission and recovery.
Examples of cancers treated include:
How We Can Help
Treatments our medical oncology team offers include:
- Chemotherapy (treatment using medicine)
- Hormonal therapy (treatment using hormones)
- Biological therapy (treatment using the body’s own immune system)
- Targeted therapy (treatment that blocks the growth of cancer cells)
As a key player on your cancer treatment team, your WellSpan medical oncologist:
- Manages your cancer care plan and therapies
- Monitors and evaluates your ongoing progress
- Collaborates with other specialists to determine your best treatment options
- Consults with you about your treatment plan and any side effects that you may expect
- Offers medical guidance so you can make confident, informed decisions
- Connects you and your family with various support services, including educational, emotional and financial services
If you are interested in a specific treatment, the WellSpan medical oncology team will help you explore the options.
WellSpan can also help you understand your risk for certain cancers. Our online Breast Cancer and Lung Cancer risk assessments are easy to use. Find out your risk today!
Distances are estimated. Update zip code