Whether you are looking to prevent worksite accidents before they occur, or help an employee recover and get back to work faster after an injury, WellSpan Rehabilitation can help. Our team of therapists offer a comprehensive industrial rehabilitation program that provides expert treatment for work-related injuries. We work closely with each individual, using an interdisciplinary approach that is tailored to the specific needs of the injured worker.
Let Us Help
For more information about WellSpan’s industrial rehab program, please call Jennifer Small at (717) 812-7400.
How We Can Help
Research shows that employee wellness programs help to reduce workers’ compensation costs, decrease employee turnover and increase productivity. WellSpan Rehabilitation offers a variety of injury prevention programs that can be tailored to your company’s needs. Programs may incorporate “real work” situations, ensuring that instruction is job-specific and meaningful to the workers. Educational sessions include:
- Body mechanics
- Back Safety
- 30-60 minute sessions at $175/session
- Two Options
- Train the trainer – Training session for supervisors who can then train employees
- Training for all employees – Usually performed as several sessions when a high number of employees require training or if multiple shifts exist
Research shows that ergonomic evaluations reduce work injuries as well as the frequency of workers’ compensation claims. In addition, some companies may qualify for a discount on their insurance premiums.
WellSpan Rehabilitation offers on-site evaluations that consist of assessment of desk/computer layout, office layout, lighting and office care with emphasis placed on each employee’s needs. Following the evaluation, a report is provided that includes recommendations for equipment/layout changes and stretching and/or range of motion exercises individualized to the employee.
- 60 minute onsite evaluation by occupational or physical therapist trained in ergonomics
- Follow up report
- $175/station (Price is subject to change depending on depth and number of evaluations needed)
Job Site Analysis
WellSpan Rehabilitation provides on-site evaluations that analyze the employee’s job demands and identifies the physical activities required to perform each job task. Analyses are important when making the decision to return to work with injured employees.
The following job required functions may be analyzed during the assessment:
- Push/pull force measurement
- Lifting measurement (including weights and heights)
- Positional tolerances assessment (bending, squatting, standing, walking, reaching, etc)
Following the analysis, a detailed report will be provided that includes a general description of the job, essential and non-essential functions, information on the working environment, and specifications of the job demands. Additional recommendations for job modifications and ergonomic/safety changes may also be made. A job analysis report allows rehabilitation goals to be specific to the job and guide the decision to return to work.
- Length of analysis contingent on position
- $250-600 (Pricing depends on the length of time required to evaluate the job and the length of time to complete the report)
Fitness for Duty
WellSpan Rehabilitation offers fitness for duty evaluations to determine if your employee who has been off work due to a non-work-related injury can return to work safely. The evaluation is conducted to determine if the employee is able to perform the duties of the job in a safe, secure, productive, and effective manner.
- Two-hour test
- Requires a job description and release for return to work by the physician before testing can be completed
Functional Capacity Evaluation
WellSpan Rehabilitation offers a comprehensive series of performance-based tests that help objectively measure an injured worker’s safe physical capabilities. The test is typically performed upon completion of treatment to determine return to work readiness. The tests gauge:
- Effort levels
- Four-six hour tests
- $1300-1900 depending on scope of evaluation
- Requires physician order
- Provides a recommendation for return to work
WellSpan Rehabilitation offers a comprehensive work conditioning program that focuses on returning people to their pre-injury position. The program includes simulations that mirror the critical work demands, tasks and environment of the job the worker will return to. In addition, patients learn about proper body mechanics, work pacing, safety and injury prevention.
- 4 hours/day, 5 days/week
- WellSpan Rehabilitation will work closely with the insurance company, physician and employer to transition the employee back to work as seamlessly as possible.
View Full Location Listings
Distances are estimated. Update zip code