Together, we can manage your diagnosis
Heart failure can be a scary diagnosis, but it’s not one you need to manage on your own. The experts at WellSpan Health are here to help you navigate your diagnosis and help you manage your condition as a team.
Our heart failure program includes experts in the evaluation and management of heart disease. Our heart failure cardiologists and advanced practice clinicians are active in research, education and advanced technology. Additionally, because we can provide in depth education on self-care, proper diet and heart failure medications, patients have an improved quality of life and can have better control of their disease.
WellSpan has five heart failure programs that operate in Adams, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon and York counties, with clinicians dedicated to heart failure management available in all locations. Studies have shown that patients who participate in heart failure programs have reduced hospitalizations and improved outcomes.
Heart failure means that your heart is not pumping enough blood for your body. When this happens, your may develop other conditions, such as:
- Enlarged heart
- Faster heart beat
- Increased blood volume
Symptoms of heart failure include:
- Fluid build up in your body
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling weak or dizzy
Heart failure can be caused by several conditions:
Fortunately, heart failure can be managed. Our team of experts is here to help you navigate your diagnosis so you can continue to enjoy many of the activities you love.
How We Can Help
At WellSpan, we offer a multi-disciplinary program that focuses on helping you manage your disease and, even more importantly, improve your quality of life. We’re pleased to partner with primary care providers, specialists, nurses, therapists, dieticians and more to offer a comprehensive approach to managing heart failure.
Our services include:
- One-on-one appointment, including medication review, a physical exam and discussion of changes and concerns
- Individualized medical treatment plans that are reviewed and updated as needed
- A coordinated approach to your care, with frequent updates and communication with your primary care provider
- Education that empowers you to make good, heart-healthy choices, from the foods you eat to the physical activity you choose
- Resources and support to help you monitor and manage weight, blood pressure and more
- Support to help you manage your medication and side effects
- Resources that help you control your risk factors, and reduce your risk of admission to the hospital
- Assessment for need of advanced care such as transplant, genetic testing and ventricular assist devices.
- Access to board certified, fellowship trained heart failure cardiologists
- Access to clinical trials that helps advance heart care, treatment and therapies
We also offer several treatment options, including:
Distances are estimated from zip code: 17401. Update zip code
Distance: 24.4 mi.
1400 South Forge Rd.
Palmyra, PA 17078
Distance: 28.6 mi.
450 S. Washington St.
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Distance: 29.3 mi.
775 Norman Dr.
Lebanon, PA 17042
Center for Heart Care
Distance: 32.7 mi.
169 Martin Ave.
Ephrata, PA 17522