WellSpan Chambersburg & Waynesboro Hospitals - Advanced Practice & Medical Students
Thank you for your interest in student clinical rotation opportunities. At WellSpan Health we are very committed to help students by providing a variety of learning opportunities.
If you are in a school that is requiring a clinical rotation in the following areas please take the time to fill out the application with as much detail as possible. WellSpan Health is proud to be a teaching institution and is committed to providing quality student experiences. Because we receive a high volume of requests, and have a limited number of available rotations, it is our goal to be as fair and consistent with each application we receive. Please note that if you are a WellSpan Health employee this does not guarantee that you will be granted a clinical rotation. Applications must be submitted electronically with all required documentation.
We look forward to helping as many students as possible with their next steps in their educational journey.
APPLICATION PROCESS STEPS:
- Student submits the formal WellSpan Health Clinical Rotations online application --- Providers should not be contacted directly. Personal arrangements obtained outside of this process do not guarantee a rotation.
- Application is received and reviewed by Medical Education Team.
- Application is forwarded to preferred areas of interest as stated on application --- Please be specific with preferred rotation, exact dates, and total number of hours needed.
- The Medical Education Team works with requested sites directly on applicant's behalf
- The Medical Education Team will follow up with the student via email listed on application if able to secure a placement --- We advise you to plan accordingly as we cannot meet school deadlines.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- Submission of application does not guarantee clinical rotation, for this reason, you are encouraged to also seek rotations outside of our organization.
- We will only consider requests for actual clinical student rotations and NOT for required courses that involve clinical hours (physical assessment course).
Commitment to Community Health & Wellness
WellSpan Health and its employees have a shared mission of "working as one to improve health through exceptional care for all, lifelong wellness and healthy communities."
It's a commitment we take seriously.
As you consider a clinical rotation with WellSpan, please be aware of the commitment you would make to protect our patients and promote a healthy environment.
As part of WellSpan Health, your commitment would include:
- Being Drug-Free
- Being Tobacco-Free & Nicotine-Free *
- Being Fragrance-Free (no colognes, perfumes or scented body products)
- Obtaining an annual flu vaccination [for all October-March rotations]
*WellSpan Health has a tobacco-free/nicotine-free policy.
Our clinical rotation for medical students offers a broad array of clinical rotations that foster growth of medical knowledge through direct patient care experiences. The hands-on experiences and rewards that visiting students receive from our clinical rotations are many and diverse.
Physician Assistant Rotation
Due to the number of PA student rotation spaces being limited, Penn State PA students are given priority, and applicants will not be selected until assignments have been completed for Penn State PA students. Applications must be submitted electronically with all required documentation.
Nurse Practitioner Rotation
Due to the number of NP student rotation spaces being limited, WellSpan employees are given priority. Applications must be submitted electronically with all required documentation.
MSN students: Please apply under Nursing & Radiology
For more information about opportunities for medical and advanced practice students, please contact:
Medical Education Coordinator
176 S. Coldbrook Avenue
Chambersburg, PA 17201