Ephrata Community Health Foundation Fund Designations
Connect your passion to your giving! Support more than one WellSpan featured funds—the choice is yours. See below for information about our featured fund initiatives.
Questions? Contact WellSpan Philanthropy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Behavioral Health Renovation & Expansion Campaign - Help improve access to behavioral healthcare in the Lancaster community.
- Cancer Patient Help Fund - Lend a hand to patients facing the financial burdens that often result from dealing with the impact of cancer. This fund helps with basic living expenses, such as rent, utilities, groceries, and transportation to and from medical appointments. Funds are available to patients who meet specific financial aid guidelines.
- Heart Failure Program - Help patients recovering from heart failure improve their quality of life. Gifts to this fund help provide patients with items from the WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital’s low sodium food pantry, free fresh fruits and vegetables, patient scales, community outreach supplies, educational materials, and support lunch & learns for the heart failure support group.
- Clinical Simulation Lab - Support an innovative and interactive high-tech classroom that ensures a safe transition from classroom to patient room for trainees. This involves the use of high-fidelity mannequins, staff development and refining, and applies knowledge and skills in a realistic clinical situation for a wide variety of health care issues.
- Cribs for Kids Fund - Funds provide Pack 'n Play portable cribs to Lancaster County families in need of a safe sleep environment for their newborn, as well as educational resources aimed to decrease the number of SIDS related deaths.
- Health Beginnings Plus Fund - The Healthy Beginnings Plus program, a state-funded program for pregnant women who qualify for Medical Assistance, is a full array of services to meet the medical, obstetrical and psychosocial needs for prenatal care and education, as well as post-delivery follow-up clinical care and home visits for low-income women.
- Nursing Education Fund - Cover the cost of expenses for professional development and continuing education for nurses at WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital. Funds do not cover tuition or tuition reimbursement.
- Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner program (SAFE) - Lend a hand in providing compassionate care for victims of sexual assault. This fund provides local access to comprehensive and compassionate medical treatment. Your gift also helps support program equipment and supplies and provides SAFE nurses with opportunities for continuing education and specialized training.
- Where Needed Most - Be a part of responding to emerging needs. Giving to this fund enables us to address the areas of greatest need for WellSpan Health.
- Ephrata Community Health Foundation Golf Tournament - Proceeds benefit WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital’s mission of exceptional care for all through projects that support lifelong wellness and healthy communities.
- Future Physician Scholarship Program - Help provide funding to this unique WellSpan initiative to sponsor medical school scholarships. Scholarships help young people with a connection to a local WellSpan community and require them to return to work within the WellSpan footprint following their graduation.
- Spotlight on Children’s Health – Invest in the early development of children to eliminate health and achievement inequities later in life by providing literacy and early childhood education, and special healthcare needs. This fund supports the opportunity for all children in our regions of care to develop in safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments.