Cancer Support Services & Nurse Navigation
Total support for your recovery journey
If you or a loved one is facing a diagnosis of cancer, you need more than just treatments and medicines. Dealing with cancer affects every part of your life and your family.
WellSpan Cancer Centers understand the need to go beyond medical care and offer many support services. We support you from diagnosis to treatment and beyond. You’ll find professionals that can address your mental, spiritual, financial and physical needs. Nurse navigators are your resource on your cancer journey: from connecting to support services to helping you schedule appointments.
How We Can Help
Support services that we offer include:
- Nurse navigators: Your WellSpan nurse navigator will help guide through the various appointments and specialists you may see while undergoing treatment. They work to make your treatment as smooth as possible for you and your family and guide you to the education and support resources you need.
- Spiritual care: As part of the WellSpan Health mission of treating the whole person – not just a diagnosis – we offer spiritual support and guidance for patients with cancer and their families.
- Dietitians: Fueling your body with wholesome, nutrient-dense food is key to setting yourself up for proper treatment and healing. Meet with one of our registered dietitians to get on track with good nutrition.
- Support groups: Meeting others who are going through similar struggles – and triumphs – can be very helpful for those people undergoing cancer treatment. Meet other patients and families, share your candid thoughts and lighten the burden on yourself.
- Alternative therapies: WellSpan treatments extend beyond the latest medical breakthroughs. Our experts in alternative treatments can help you calm your body and mind such as meditation, writing, yoga, light therapy, aromatherapy and massage therapy.
- Help Fund: When you’re undergoing cancer treatment, the last thing on your mind should be how you’re going to pay for it. We have developed a fund for patients who need extra assistance paying their expenses.
- Financial counselors: We understand that treatment can be costly, and we are committed to alleviating the financial burden from you and your family as much as possible. Make an appointment to speak with one of our financial counselors today.
Distances are estimated. Update zip code