WellFit and Injury Prevention Services
WellFit is a medically guided self-pay exercise program for individuals striving to improve their overall fitness or wellness. In contrast to other fitness programs, WellFit incorporates the guidance of other medical professionals, including your physician, to optimize your program. Our staff consists of highly trained athletic trainers, wellness instructors, exercise physiologists and degreed/certified fitness professionals.
Our goal is to extend the continuum of care in our communities to those of all health backgrounds. We offer a variety of unique opportunities that provide a supportive stepping stone to other long-term exercise programs, including gym memberships and home/ community programs. Considering your present health and related goals, our staff will assist you in determining which program and timeline best fits your needs.
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Pre and post surgery needs
- Sports medicine
- Return to sport after injury
- Injury prevention
- Sports performance
- Weight management
How We Can Help
The medical fitness experience begins with a comprehensive evaluation which may cover:
- Muscular strength and endurance
- Body composition analysis
- Functional movement screening
Once the evaluation is complete, we will develop a personalized program that will address your unique concerns and goals. Our staff will help you keep your program interesting and challenging as your needs change.
Based on your evaluation, we will guide you to a program that meets your needs. Your program may be one of the following:
- Assisted: An exercise program for those who need supervision or guidance while in the gym.
- Independent: An exercise program for individuals who are able to conduct their exercise program on their own.
- Injury Prevention: A guided exercise program for athletes who want to decrease their chance of injury and improve athletic performance.
- Aquatic: An exercise program in both York and Adams Counties. Individual instruction is provided in York. Both individual and group instruction are provided in Adams County.
Injury Prevention Services
WellSpan Sports Medicine offers an injury prevention program for all ages. This service is part of the WellFit program and is designed to reduce injury risk, improve fitness levels and enhance athletic performance. The program includes:
- Customized training sessions with a licensed athletic trainer or exercise physiologist
- State-of-the-art strength training routines
- Sport-specific workouts
- Jumping and landing techniques to lower the risk of ACL injury
View Full Location Listings
Distances are estimated from zip code: 17401. Update zip code