WellSpan Cholesterol Care Program
Fight heart disease whether it's in your family, on your mind or already in your chart.
The Cholesterol Care program is for people who have, or may be at risk for, heart disease or who have been told they have abnormal cholesterol (or lipid) levels. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) calls heart disease the top cause of death worldwide. In addition to smoking, diabetes and obesity, abnormally high lipid levels are a contributor to heart disease. Our team of cardiology experts treat lipids, such as high total cholesterol, low-density lipoproteins (LDL-C) and triglycerides, using the latest tests and treatments. We work with you to avoid a heart attack, stroke or need for heart surgeries, so you can keep your heart and vascular system healthy and your life long.
Your medical condition is unique.
WellSpan Cholesterol Care treats conditions such as:
- Unhealthy cholesterol (lipid) levels
- Heart disease or stroke early in life
- Lipid levels not responding to usual treatment
- Unhealthy lipid levels caused by genes/genetics
- Strong family history of heart conditions
- Very low total cholesterol (less than 100 mg/dL)
- Unhealthy lipid levels related to other conditions:
- Diabetes, kidney or liver disease
- Organ transplant
How We Can Help
Your lipid treatment will be unique, too.
- A one-on-one approach to your care, designed for you
- A care team made up of knowledgeable experts who follow the most up-to-date care guidelines
- Advanced testing, including genetic testing when appropriate
- Current therapeutic options
- Access to nutrition advice to support diet changes
Talk to your family doctor about a referral to a WellSpan Cardiology practice in your neighborhood, or our Advanced Lipid Care program.
Our Advanced Lipid Care Program has board-certified lipid cardiologists, subspecialty-trained advanced practice providers and cardiac nutritionists who are dedicated to leveraging evidence-based medicine to help patients along their journey to wellness. This subspecialty team (Physicians and APPs below) assists with the uniquely challenged patient population. We help with genetic testing of patients and first-degree relatives, applying advanced therapies such as lipid-lowering injectables and dietetic counseling. Our Advanced Lipid Care Program has risen to meet the challenges faced by patients and providers in situations where initial therapies have not proven enough.
Our program is also available virtually! We can work with patients through virtual video visits and testing can be done near the patient.
Distances are estimated. Update zip code