Navigating health care costs is a challenge. There are many variables that factor in to how much a test or procedure may cost. We recognize that estimating your out-of-pocket costs before you receive treatment helps in making an informed and educated decision. At WellSpan, our goal is to make getting a price estimate a convenient and simple transaction for our patients.
Simply log into MyWellSpan, our secure online patient portal and go to Bill Pay and click Estimates. Select the procedure that you would like an estimate for. Your insurance information will be pre-selected based on your MyWellSpan account. However, you can change insurance information if necessary.
Log in to MyWellSpan to Create an Estimate
Once your estimate has been created, save the information for future reference. Estimates are valid for 30 days from the date the estimate is created. Due to benefit changes, a new estimate would need to be created after that time.
Don’t have a MyWellSpan account? Sign up is quick and easy.
If you do not have a MyWellSpan account or are price shopping you can request an estimate as a guest.
Create an Estimate as a Guest
Financial counselors are available to help you understand your estimate. If you have any questions, if you are uninsured, or if you are interested in learning more about a payment program our team is available.
In addition, if you are unable to meet the patient responsibility portion of the estimate, do not forgo treatment without speaking with our financial counselors to see if you qualify for any assistance programs.
Our financial counselors can be reached at 1-833-4MY-COST (833-469-2678).
Things To Know
- WellSpan’s price estimator tool provides the hospital (performing the test) and professional (reading/interpretation) charges associated with your anticipated service. Professional charges, if billed by an independent (non-WellSpan) provider, are included to give you an idea of the amount of the charge but will not be collected by WellSpan.
- Surgical estimates are based on average claims data to include all associated operating room charges. Anesthesia charges are included only if WellSpan bills for anesthesia.
- Estimates are based on your insurance benefits and information provided to us at the time of the request. The charges may vary, and this estimate is not a guarantee of final billed charges. Please contact your insurance company directly for more information about your out-of-pocket obligations and to determine if this is a covered service under your benefit plan.
- Final billed charges may vary from estimated charges due to the patient’s medical condition, unknown circumstances or complications, final diagnosis and changes to the procedure during time of service.
- Some screening tests, such as mammogram and colonoscopy, are covered at 100 percent by your insurance company. Please verify with your insurance company for any questions.