WellSpan Geriatrics offers comprehensive evaluations for patients 65 years or older with memory related concerns. Our team of caring, board-certified geriatricians along with our licensed clinical social worker will complete an extensive evaluation and diagnosis. When the evaluation is complete, our geriatricians will develop a care plan with input from you and your loved ones and in conjunction with your primary care provider.
We do not offer primary care services to the general geriatric population. This practice is specific to cognitive impairment assessment and treatment.
As part of our ongoing goal to make WellSpan services easier to access and use, we will coordinate your care through MyWellSpan, our secure online tool. Use MyWellSpan to manage your appointments, review lab and imaging study results, communicate with your doctor, access your confidential medical records and more. We invite you to learn more about MyWellSpan.
Services we offer
- Evaluation and treatment of patients 65 years or older for dementia or cognitive impairment related to dementia
- Referral of patients to agencies for additional community support
- Provide attending physician/advanced practice clinician services to residents at some skilled nursing and assisted living facilities in York County
- Evaluations are done over two appointments:
- Assessment: 60 minutes with social worker, includes cognitive testing and information gathering
- Exam: 90 minutes with geriatrician, includes medical testing such as vision, hearing and blood pressure screening