Insurance and Billing
You will receive a facility bill for the services provided by the Surgical Center. This covers the supplies, equipment, personnel, and use of the operating room and recovery rooms.
You will receive separate bills for the following:
- Your surgeon, dentist or podiatrist
- Anesthesia: If you received general anesthesia or required sedation administered by anesthesia personnel
- Laboratory Tests: Any lab tests required prior to, during or after your surgery
- Radiology/Imaging; Any x-ray services required before, during or after your surgery.
- Pathology: Examination of any tissue or specimen removed during surgery.
As a convenience to you, our billing staff will make every effort to check your insurance coverage, based on the information that is given to us. If our billing staff determines that you will be responsible for all or a portion of your bill, they will attempt to call you prior to your surgery. You will be given an estimate of any copayment or deductible your insurance company may require. Please be prepared to pay the copayments and deductibles on the day of the surgery.
Any patients without insurance or whose insurance does not cover the surgical procedure to be performed should also make arrangements to pay their facility fees on the day of the surgery. For your convenience, we will accept cash, personal checks, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
Regardless of the type of insurance you may have, ultimate responsibility for the Surgical Center bill rests with the patient or guarantor. If your insurance company does not make payment within 60 days of submission, the account will become your responsibility, and payment in full will be required.
If you have any questions about your financial arrangements, you may contact the billing office at (717) 741-8253.