Clinical research enables WellSpan Health physicians to offer cutting-edge treatments to our community members and is vital to the development, improvement, and advancement of health care world-wide.
WellSpan researchers partner with government, industry, and academia to participate in a variety of clinical research opportunities. Currently there are more than 275 active research studies and national clinical trials underway across the organization in specialties such as oncology, cardiology, orthopedics, emergency medicine, pulmonary, and others. We offer opportunities to participate in research specific to therapeutics, diagnostic testing, investigational new drugs and novel devices, as well as data analytics research. Contact the WellSpan Research office to learn if there is a clinical research trial or study available for your medical condition or if you have questions about volunteering as a research participant.
WellSpan Health is committed to protecting the safety, rights and welfare of all patients volunteering to participle in a research study or clinical trial. This commitment is demonstrated by our Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) being accredited by the international organization Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Program Inc. (AAHRPP) since 2013.
In addition to protecting our research participants, WellSpan Research staff provide research support and education for the health system and promotes an environment of clinical inquiry that supports innovation, the highest standards of patient care, and the practice of evidence-based medicine. Staff are available to assist all WellSpan researchers in the development of their own projects or collaborations with others.
WellSpan Research staff are available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For information, please call (717) 851-2223 or email us email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff are working remotely.
- Research Design Consultation: Assisting in the development of research projects and scholary activities
- Human Research Protection Program (HRPP): WellSpan Health Institutional Review board (IRB); scientific review process; quality assessment; research education
- Surveys, Data Collection & Statistical Analysis: Survey design and distribution; data collection methodology; statistical analysis; publication and presentation support.
- Research Administration: Research contracts; agreements; master agreements; amendments; data use agreements; business associate agreement; etc
- Research Business Services: budget development and analysis; budget negotiation; research billing; research grant management.