WellSpan Health is proud to be a teaching institution and is committed to providing quality student experiences by offering Nurse Practitioner (NP) and Physician Assistant (PA) clinical rotations. Because we receive a high volume of requests it is our goal to be as fair and consistent with each application we receive.
To serve you best, please keep in mind – this application is designed strictly for students enrolled in a formal NP or PA program; students enrolled in other programs such as CNM, CNS, CRNA, or in a dual track, etc., should not be submitting this application.
Currently not accepting applications from non-employees in primary care NP programs (Family, Adult Gerontology, Pediatrics, and Women’s Health).
APPLICATION PROCESS STEPS:
- Student submits the formal WellSpan Health NP and PA Clinical Rotations online application
- Application is received and reviewed by NP-PA Rotations Team
- Application is forwarded to preferred areas of interest as stated on application --- Please be specific with preferred rotation, exact dates, and total number of hours needed
- The NP-PA Rotations Team works with requested sites directly on applicant's behalf
- NP-PA Rotations Team will follow up with student directly only if able to secure a placement (please refer to the "Notification Period" in the grid below)
- Application dates and deadlines:
|Application Open/End Dates:
|September 1 – November 31, 2023
||May – August, 2024
|January 1 – March 31, 2024
||August – December, 2024
|May 1 – July 31, 2024
||January – May, 2025
IMPORTANT POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- Submission of application does not guarantee clinical rotation. For this, you are encouraged to also seek rotations outside of our organization.
- We will only consider requests for actual clinical rotations and NOT for required courses that involve clinical hours (physical assessment course).
- Please acknowledge that you have read and understand the WellSpan Commitment to Community Health & Wellness (below).
Commitment to Community Health & Wellness
WellSpan Health and its employees have a shared mission of "working as one to improve health through exceptional care for all, lifelong wellness and healthy communities."
It's a commitment we take seriously.
As you consider a clinical rotation with WellSpan, please be aware of the commitment you would make to protect our patients and promote a healthy environment.
As part of WellSpan Health, your commitment would include:
- Being Drug-Free
- Being Tobacco-Free & Nicotine-Free *
- Being Fragrance-Free (no colognes, perfumes or scented body products)
- Obtaining an annual flu vaccination [for all October-March rotations]
*WellSpan Health has a tobacco-free/nicotine-free policy.
I have read and understand