Lifelong Health & Wellness
Reaching Out, Encouraging Complete Community Health
Complete community health means not just addressing physical health through acute care, but also encouraging prevention and chronic disease management, as well as promoting mental well-being. We know growing healthy communities begins with our children. WellSpan's commitment to supporting the next generation lays a foundation of a successful, vibrant South Central Pennsylvania for years to come. WellSpan and our partners are in our communities every day, bringing vital screening, caregiver support, and educational programs to address every facet of health for people of all ages - from birth through adulthood.
In 2023, highlights include:
- Participation by 24,000 neighbors in WellSpan health education programs in the last three years in fiscal year 2023.
- Engaged over 10,000 children and adults in 2023 Get Outdoors (GO) program, a partnership with local libraries across six counties.
- Performed several healthy cooking demonstrations for the community, in partnership with WellSpan Heart & Vascular Center.
- Offered the Winter STREAK program, a virtual series of educational workshops promoting healthy lifestyle behaviors, to 204 community participants with recorded sessions viewed by more than 200 other neighbors.
- Expanded Safe Kids Coalition oversight from just York County to include York, Adams, and Franklin counties, collectively sharing child injury prevention information to about 3,300 families.
- Delivered 152 portable cribs to families in need through the Cribs for Kids safe sleep program.
- Distributed 228 free or low-cost car seats to families in need and hosted many community safety checks by certified car seat installers to ensure safe rides for children.
- Partnered with the Lincoln Intermediate Unit to host a virtual symposium for 71 school nurses and counselors from across the WellSpan region.
Serving Up a Healthy Heart
Heart-Healthy Meal Prep
View cooking demos:
In This Section