York Hospital Auxiliary
Our Mission Statement
WellSpan York Hospital Auxiliary: A volunteer organization supporting WellSpan by advancing and funding innovations to promote health and wellness in the York community.
What We Have Done
The Auxiliary’s service to the community can be seen in various ways. Some of the highlights include:
- Helping to build new areas for patients and visitors at WellSpan York Hospital. A pledge of $500,000 was contributed to fund a café in the atrium of the WellSpan York Hospital patient care tower. A pledge of $100,000 for the Interfaith Chapel at WellSpan York Hospital.
- Providing educational opportunities for the staff and community, opportunities for the staff and community, such as the Geneva Freeman Scholarship and support of the Dedi Sykes VNA Staff Education Fund.
- Beautifying the health environment and making a patient’s experience comfortable. Donations have included the York Cancer Center’s serenity garden and stained glass windows.
- Helping to fund essential patient care services such as the Deaf Talk interpreting units for WellSpan York Hospital.
Promoting a healthy community, through funding:
- Community Health Center (CHC), the beneficiary for the 2011 Book Nook Bonanza More than $50,000 was raised for the CHC to purchase essential items including refrigerators to store vaccines, exam tables for children and mobile blood pressure units.
- Purchasing plastinated body organs to demonstrate how healthy organs look versus those that are diseased.
- Sponsoring Camp Green Zone, an asthma camp for children that teaches self-care skills and improves their ability to maintain normal activity levels.
- Subsidizing infant car safety seats to families in need whose babies are born at WellSpan York Hospital.
If you are interested in helping with any of the committees, programs or projects, or would like additional information, call (717) 851-2148.