Our Mission Statement
WellSpan York Hospital Auxiliary: A volunteer organization supporting WellSpan by advancing and funding innovations to promote health and wellness in the York com
What We Have Done
The WellSpan York Hospital Auxiliary's recent service to the community can be seen in various ways. Some of the highlights include:
- Pledged $500,000 to the WellSpan York Cancer Center for the “Sunshine Corner Café” to open in 2021.
- In 2019, completed the largest pledge of $1,000,000 to the Emergency Department for the Behavioral Health Unit area.
- Hosted with the Byrnes Health Education Center, the 39th Children’s Wellness Days which educates more than 1,300 third graders from York County on several topics such as computer safety and diversity.
- Providing educational opportunities for staff and community through grants, such as the Geneva Freeman Scholarship awarded annually to a York County student that participates by volunteering at WellSpan York Hospital and continuing post-secondary education in a healthcare field.
- Small grant programs awarded to enhance and promote wellness in the community including the Compassionate Care Clothing Closet.
- Providing appreciation and support to the WellSpan York Hospital staff during the pandemic.
If you are interested in helping with any of the committees, programs or projects, or would like additional information, call (717) 851-2148.