Here's what's next as an accepted Unpaid Intern
It’s exciting when you receive notification that you’ve been selected as an Unpaid Intern with WellSpan! Before you begin your learning experience, there are several steps that need to be completed prior to the start of your internship.
All the information you need to get started is here!
Review the Internship Checklist for instructions and requirements. Submit/Complete the following within one week of receiving welcome email from Volunteer Engagement:
- Complete the Intern Data Sheet. Volunteer Engagement will be notified electronically when completed.
- Email a headshot photo of yourself to make your internship badge (jpeg).
- Your picture should be in professional work attire for the position you have accepted and taken within 6 weeks of your start date.
- The picture needs to be a forward-facing headshot of you -- similar to your passport or driver's license photo with your entire face visible and not obstructed by sunglasses, hats, etc.
- Photo should be in focus (no filters) and of you alone with no one else in the frame. You cannot use a selfie or a photo of multiple people with the other people cropped out of the picture.
- Position yourself in front of a solid light-colored plain background or surface with good natural lighting. Make sure there are no shadows, glares or dark spots in the picture.
- Photo file must be a JPG or PNG attached file.
Submit the following at least three weeks prior of the anticipated start date for your internship.
NOTE: Do not take pictures of the documents below or save them in an online repository (i.e. no Google Drive). They must be emailed to Volunteer Engagement as a pdf.
After you have successfully completed Step 1 and Step 2, an email will be sent to your host department supervisor (you will be copied on this email) confirming that you are cleared to begin your internship.
Congratulations! You are on your way to an exciting internship with WellSpan!
If you have any questions regarding your internship, please contact WellSpan Organizational Learning & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.