Gettysburg Hospital Auxiliary
Supporting the Health of our Community
Gettysburg Hospital Auxiliary is a group of dedicated community women and men who volunteer their time and services to support the mission of Gettysburg Hospital. To financially support hospital projects, auxilians give countless hours to operating WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital's Gift Shop, the Auxiliary Thrift Shop on Lincoln Square, and several fund-raising events throughout the year. The Auxiliary advocates for improved community health through innovative programs, preventative education, community partnerships, and fund raising. If you would like more information on upcoming events or on becoming a Gettysburg Hospital Auxiliary member, please call (717) 337-4110.
The Auxiliary's service to the community can be seen in various ways. Since its inception in 1920, the Gettysburg Hospital Auxiliary has donated over one million dollars to support the growth and service of the hospital. From providing funds to redecorate patient and waiting rooms to purchasing new equipment to help the hospital maintain state-of-the-art technology, the Auxiliary provides valuable support to this community and Gettysburg Hospital. Highlights of the Auxiliary’s recent support include:
- 2012: Sponsored Holiday lighting and decorations on Gettysburg Hospital campus
- 2010-2012: Fulfilled a pledge of $99,000 to the Gettysburg Hospital Foundation’s Care Path Campaign which supports the hospital’s Outpatient Services Unit
- 2009: $50,600 for fetal monitors and $3,600 for infant warming blankets for Gettysburg Hospital’s Maternity Care Center; $28,000 for EMS defibrillators for Gettysburg Hospital’s Medic 28 unit
- 2008: $20,000 for the meditation room at the WellSpan Adams Health Center and $50,000 to furnish Gettysburg Hospital’s lobby
- 2007: $62,000 for Medic 28 vehicle upgrade (bringing our total support of the paramedic unit to $550,000 since the unit was introduced in 1984)
- 2006: $35,000 for furniture upgrade and audio-visual equipment in Gettysburg Hospital’s community rooms
- 2002: $25,000 to the Gettysburg Hospital Allied Health Learning Center at the Gettysburg Campus of Harrisburg Area Community College
- 1997: $100,000 for a bone densitometer and $182,000 stereotactic breast biopsy unit.
- 1991-1996: $150,000 for the refurbishing of the hospital’s B-2 and Maternity floors, raised $91,000 for mammography services, and pledged $200,000 for the hospital’s building campaign used for women's center, nursery, and classroom.
Additionally, the Auxiliary awards an annual $2,000 scholarship to local students pursuing careers in health care.
Apply for the scholarship here
WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital Auxiliary Thrift Shop
10 Lincoln Square
The Auxiliary Thrift Shop features a wide variety of gently used clothing and accessories for men, women and children and at very affordable prices. The Thrift Shop also partners with local service organizations to support those who have lost their belongings because of fire, flood, or other disasters. For store hours or to volunteer, please call (717) 334-5264.
WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital Auxiliary Gift Shop
WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital (Main Lobby)
The Auxiliary Gift Shop is home to a number of gift items. From stuffed animals to candles to new baby pieces, there is sure to be something of interest for everyone. The shop also has a nice selection of cards and fresh flower arrangements.