Supporting the Health of our Community
Gettysburg Hospital Auxiliary is a group of dedicated community women and men who volunteer their time and services to support the mission of Gettysburg Hospital. To financially support hospital projects, auxilians give countless hours to operating WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital's Gift Shop, and several fund-raising events throughout the year. The Auxiliary advocates for improved community health through innovative programs, preventative education, community partnerships, and fund raising. If you would like more information on upcoming events or on becoming a Gettysburg Hospital Auxiliary member, please call (717) 337-4110.
The Auxiliary's service to the community can be seen in various ways. Since its inception in 1920, the Gettysburg Hospital Auxiliary has donated over $2 million support the growth and service of the hospital. From providing funds to redecorate patient and waiting rooms to purchasing new equipment to help the hospital maintain state-of-the-art technology, the Auxiliary provides valuable support to this community and WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital. Highlights of the Auxiliary’s recent support include:
- 2022: provided $15,500 in support of a healing garden at WellSpan Medical Oncology in Hanover
- 2021: $12,586 for maternity center renovations; $24,866 for overbed tables; $6,000 for cardiac testing system; $16,500 for patient transport defibrillator; and $7,297 for an echocardiography table
- 2020: provided $32,468 for Gettysburg Hospital Chapel renovations; $17,334 for portable monitors; and $57,059 for cardiac testing system
- 2018: $40,000 in proceeds from Gettysburg Hospital Auxiliary Ball provided to Gettysburg Hospital Foundation’s Patient Experience fund
- 2017: provided $58,000 to purchase surgical guidance system for breast lesion biopsy and $27,000 for Annie Warner Gift Shop/Snack Bar revitalization project
- 2016: $24,000 for Young Women’s/Young Men’s Conference and Healing Garden fountain at WellSpan Adams Health Center
- 2015: $65,000 for Young Women/Young Men’s Conference, Healing Hearts campaign, blood pressure monitors, and Healing Garden
- 2014: $51,000 toward Patient Experience Fund, plant maintenance, patient simulator manikin, and Women’s Conference
- 2010-2012: Fulfilled a pledge of $99,000 to the Gettysburg Hospital Foundation’s Care Path Campaign which supports the hospital’s Outpatient Services Unit
- 2009: $50,600 for fetal monitors and $3,600 for infant warming blankets for Gettysburg Hospital’s Maternity Care Center; $28,000 for EMS defibrillators for Gettysburg Hospital’s Medic 28 unit
- 2008: $20,000 for the meditation room at the WellSpan Adams Health Center and $50,000 to furnish Gettysburg Hospital’s lobby
- 2007: $62,000 for Medic 28 vehicle upgrade (bringing our total support of the paramedic unit to $550,000 since the unit was introduced in 1984)
- 2006: $35,000 for furniture upgrade and audio-visual equipment in Gettysburg Hospital’s community rooms
- 2002: $25,000 to the Gettysburg Hospital Allied Health Learning Center at the Gettysburg Campus of Harrisburg Area Community College
Additionally, the Auxiliary awards two annual $5,000 scholarships to local students pursuing careers in health care.
Apply for the scholarship
WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital Auxiliary Gift Shop
WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital (Main Lobby)
The Auxiliary Gift Shop is home to a number of gift items. From stuffed animals to candles to new baby pieces, there is sure to be something of interest for everyone. The shop also has a nice selection of cards and fresh flower arrangements.