WellSpan loves our volunteers!
Whatever your interests and talents, WellSpan Health has the right volunteer position for you. You can make a difference in the lives of WellSpan patients, families and the communities we serve.
Many of our WellSpan volunteers find the experience so rewarding that they make a long-term commitment to volunteering. Several have logged more than 1,000 hours doing what they love in the community.
At WellSpan, adults and teens experience the gift of giving every day as a volunteer. And we couldn't be more appreciative!
Find the volunteer position that's right for you.
WellSpan offers a variety of volunteer positions that match a range of interests, skills and backgrounds.
Become a volunteer! Explore current opportunities.
Volunteer positions include:
- Patient Contact: Patient concierge, patient aid, patient transporter, pampering
- Courier: Deliver flowers, e-greetings, mail, medical records, patient supplies
- Administrative Support: Filing, mailings, chart assembly, data entry, copying
- Public Contact: Greeters, information desk attendant, receptionist
- Community Outreach: Health fairs, education
- Patient/Family Advisor: Partner with staff and physicians to improve care and services at WellSpan
- Hospital Auxiliary Member: Support the mission of WellSpan hospitals through fundraising, community partnerships and improving health for all through innovative programs.
- Therapy animals (dogs and cats): Must be registered by Keystone Pet Enhance Therapy Services (KPETS)
Find a Volunteer Position
WellSpan has 200+ volunteer opportunities. We invite you to explore available positions, to find what meets your personal interests and skills, and then submit an adult or teen application.
Adult & Teen Volunteers
WellSpan Health's qualifications are quite different from other volunteer agencies because we are a health care organization. We have several agencies that set the requirements and qualifications for our volunteers.
- At least 16 years of age
- 100 hours of service within the first 12 months of starting
- Dependable, responsible, friendly
- Criminal background checks and child abuse clearance verifications (state and federal)
- Health screenings (including COVID-19 vaccine)
- Personal reference checks
- Annual requirements (including education and infection control)
Explore current volunteer opportunities
Ready to Apply?
If you are ready to make a difference to others and meet the requirements listed above, please complete one of the online application forms below, based on your age.
What happens after I apply?
Once we receive your application, it will be reviewed to determine eligibility. If initial qualifications are met, you will be contacted (via e-mail) to schedule an orientation session. Once you have attended orientation, an interview will be scheduled to determine your volunteer position as well as other necessary requirements (health screening, criminal background and reference verifications, etc.).
Please note: The typical timeframe for an applicant to start volunteering is anywhere from 6-8 weeks, depending on capacity of orientation sessions, additional training needed, criminal background results, meeting health screening requirements, etc.
Contact WellSpan Volunteer and Engagement
- Adams County: (717) 338-3233
- Franklin County
- WellSpan Chambersburg Hospital: (717) 267-7142
- WellSpan Waynesboro Hospital: (717) 338-3233
- Lancaster County: (717) 738-6117
- Lebanon County: (717) 270-7685
- York County: (717) 851-2147
Summer Volunteer Program
Thank you for your interest in our Summer Volunteer Program. We will not be offering a 2022 Summer Program. If you are interested in volunteering with WellSpan Health, please consider our year-round program.
Become an Auxiliary Member