Many different types of people:
- Special people who share a common purpose: helping others by giving of themselves
- Adults, teens, couples and families wishing to play an active role in helping their community
- Retirees wanting to keep active and share their compassion and knowledge
- Former patients wanting to "give back"
- Teens, college students or adults exploring careers
Why should I volunteer?
Receiving the personal satisfaction of helping others, making new friends, learning new skills, and staying active are only a few of the rewards you will discover as a WellSpan Health volunteer.
What can I do as a volunteer?
The possibilities are endless. Your assignment will depend on your interest, availability, skills, experience and needs/availability of WellSpan Health. Volunteers perform a wide variety of tasks, such as:
- Patient Contact: patient concierge, patient aide, patient transporter, pampering
- Courier: deliver flowers, e-greetings, mail, medical records, patient supplies
- Administrative Support: filing, mailings, chart assembly, data entry, copying
- Public Contact: greeters, information desk attendant, receptionist
- Community Outreach: health fairs, education
- Patient/Family Advisor
- Hospital Auxiliary Member
- Adams County (717) 338-3233
- Franklin County
- WellSpan Chambersburg Hospital (717) 267-7142
- WellSpan Waynesboro Hospital (717) 338-3233
- Lancaster County (717) 738-6117
- Lebanon County (717) 270-7685
- York County (717) 851-2147