Sharing ourselves and our talents with others is a rare and precious gift. At WellSpan Health, adults and teens experience the gift of giving every day as a Volunteer.
Many different types of people:
- Special people who share a common purpose: Helping others by giving of themselves
- Adults, teens, couples and families wishing to play an active role in helping their community
- Retirees wanting to keep active and share their compassion and knowledge
- Former patients wanting to "give back"
- Teens, college students or adults exploring careers
Why should I volunteer?
Receiving the personal satisfaction of helping others, making new friends, learning new skills, and staying active are only a few of the rewards you will discover as a WellSpan Health Volunteer.
What can I do as a volunteer?
The possibilities are endless. Your assignment will depend on your interest, availability, skills, experience and needs/availability of WellSpan Health. Volunteers perform a wide variety of tasks, such as:
- Patient Contact: Patient concierge, patient aide, patient transporter, pampering
- Courier: Deliver flowers, e-greetings, mail, medical records, patient supplies
- Administrative Support: Filing, mailings, chart assembly, data entry, copying
- Public Contact: Greeters, information desk attendant, receptionist
- Community Outreach: Health fairs, education
- Patient/Family Advisor
- Hospital Auxiliary Member
- Adams County (717) 338-3233
- Franklin County
- WellSpan Chambersburg Hospital (717) 267-7142
- WellSpan Waynesboro Hospital (717) 765-4000 ext. 5205
- Lancaster County (717) 738-6117
- Lebanon County (717) 270-7685
- York County (717) 851-2147