Kristin Runyon Memorial Scholarship
To support registered nursing education to benefit and enhance the professional skills of nurses serving the Greater Franklin County area.
$3,000 scholarships will be awarded to underwrite tuition expenses only. Tuition award will be sent directly to recipient's accredited educational institution’s billing office to be applied to the student’s account.
Application must be submitted or postmarked no later than June 1, 2022.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a full-time registered nurse educational program.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.8.
- Applicants must be a resident of Franklin County, neighboring counties or attend a nursing school within WellSpan Chambersburg Hospital’s primary recruitment area (Franklin/ Fulton Counties, northern Maryland, or northeastern West Virginia).
- Applicants must have completed a hospital clinical rotation.
- Applicants to submit a cover letter, scholarship application, official transcript, and one academic and one clinical letter of reference.
- An invitation for a personal interview will be issued to the most qualified candidates. Interviews will be held on June 13th and is subject to change.
- The award committee will notify candidates of their final selection. Awards and photo will take place on June 24th and is subject to change.
- Scholarships will be awarded to underwrite tuition expenses only. WellSpan Health will send the tuition reward check directly to the recipient’s educational institution billing office to be applied toward the student’s account for tuition expense only.
Mail Application To:
Summit Health Foundation
785 5th Ave Ste # 1
Chambersburg, PA 17201
E‐mail Application To: email@example.com
For questions, please contact Jill Simonson at (717) 337-4175 or firstname.lastname@example.org.