WellSpan and Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center are now fighting your cancer together.
WellSpan Health offers our region the most extensive network of community-based cancer centers, bringing a coordinated approach to meeting your physical, emotional, financial and social needs. Our centers are conveniently located in Ephrata, Gettysburg, Hanover, Lebanon and York.
Now, through a collaboration with the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, WellSpan Cancer Centers are working with one of the nation’s leaders in research and innovation to help you fight cancer.
This collaboration brings the following benefits to individuals living with cancer across central Pennsylvania:
- Expanded access to clinical trials
- Coordinated referrals to Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center for rare and complex cases that require advanced treatment technologies
For WellSpan oncology specialists, the collaboration offers:
- Second opinion services from Johns Hopkins specialists who frequently treat the most complex cases
- Access to Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center’s innovative clinical protocols and educational offerings
Why Choose WellSpan Cancer Centers?
- WellSpan's community cancer centers allow area residents to receive comprehensive, leading-edge treatment right in their own community, without the need to travel long distances.
A focus on the whole person and all aspects of cancer
- WellSpan cancer specialists address patients' physical needs through advanced treatment protocols and services in radiation, medical, surgical and gynecologic oncology, pain management, pulmonary medicine, rehabilitation, genetic testing and nutrition.
- Emotional, financial and social needs are addressed through support services and groups, including pastoral care, home care and psychiatric services. A nurse navigator guides patients through the process and can assist with support services.
- Because we know the financial impact that cancer can have on our patients lives, we offer financial counseling services and Cancer Patient Help Funds, which help patients pay for living expenses while undergoing treatment.
Close collaboration among cancer specialists and primary care physicians
- WellSpan specialists in medical, surgical, gynecologic and radiation oncology and pulmonary medicine collaborate and plan treatment for patients who receive care in our centers.
- Thanks to a sophisticated, integrated electronic health record, our oncology specialists closely coordinate care with our patients' primary care physicians.