Gain a better understanding of some of the procedures performed at WellSpan York Hospital and hear first hand experiences from actual patients.
- Ablation (view video) – At WellSpan York Hospital, a minimally invasive ablation procedure can be performed to help correct or eliminate abnormal heart rhythms.
- Aneurysm repair – Surgeons at WellSpan York Hospital are using minimally invasive surgical techniques to repair aneurysms in the aorta, potentially providing greater benefits to patients.
- Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) closure (view video) – Cardiac catheterization, a minimally invasive procedure, is used at WellSpan York Hospital to repair abnormal openings between the atria in the heart. This procedure can eliminate the need for open heart surgery.
- Cardiac valve repair and replacement (view video) – Today, surgeons at WellSpan York Hospital are using cutting edge, minimally invasive, surgical techniques to repair aortic and mitral valves rather than replace the valves because of potentially greater benefits to the patient.
- Carotid stenting (view video) – Cardiologists at WellSpan York Hospital are using a cutting-edge, minimally invasive catheter-based procedure to alleviate blockages in carotid arteries. This procedure can eliminate the need for open surgery.
- Cardiac imaging (view video) – Physicians at Wellspan are using an incredible new technology that allows them to make more insightful assessments of a patients coronary system and pinpoint courses of action and treatment without having to cut open the chest or thread a catheter through the veins or arteries.
- Hybrid revascularization (view video) – Cardiologists and surgeons at WellSpan York Hospital are teaming up to provide patients additional options to correct blocked coronary arteries.
- Robotic-assisted surgery – The WellSpan York Hospital Robotic Surgery Program offers residents of south central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland a minimally invasive alternative to major heart surgery.
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement or TAVR (view video) – A multidisciplinary cardiovascular team uses this new procedure to provide an alternative for those who can not have open heart surgery for severe aortic stenosis.
- Transradial Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (view video) – Cardiologists at WellSpan York Hospital are using an alternative entry point for the carotid stenting procedure that may allow for less pain and quicker recovery in the patient.
- Jason Ryen had robotic-assisted minimally invasive coronary artery bypass (CABG) surgery using the da Vinci® Surgical System and within two weeks he was back playing his weekly soccer games.
- Raymond Nace had robotic-assisted minimally invasive coronary artery bypass (CABG) surgery using the da Vinci® Surgical System on Raymond Nace and within two weeks he was hiking up Mount Rushmore ... twice.
Meet Our Specialists
Get to know some of the physicians using the cutting-edge technology employed at WellSpan and who care for our heart and vascular patients.
Larry L. Shears II, MD, co-medical director, WellSpan Heart & Vascular
Percival O. Buenaventura, MD, site director. Wellspan Cardiothoracic Surgery
Regan Quan, MD, director, vascular and endovascular services
Nancy Harthun, MD
David J. Kaczorowski, MD
Martin LeBoutillier III, MD