Summit Cardiology Testing
Monday Please call for hours
Tuesday Please call for hours
Wednesday Please call for hours
Thursday Please call for hours
Friday Please call for hours
At Summit Cardiology Testing in Chambersburg, we provide tests to ensure the proper functioning of your heart, including echocardiography, electrocardiogram, angioplasty, cardiac catheterization, heart imaging, stress tests and Holter monitoring.
- Angioplasty - a long, thin, flexible tube (catheter) with a balloon at the tip is threaded through an artery into a blocked blood vessel. The doctor inflates the balloon to open the artery so blood can flow easily.
- Cardiac catheterization - a long, thin, flexible tube (catheter) is placed into a blood vessel and threaded to your heart. Through the tube, doctors can open blocked arteries.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) - a simple and fast procedure that checks for problems with the electrical activity of your heart.
- Echocardiography (Echo) - evaluates the function of heart muscle and identifies any possible structural problems.
- Heart imaging - these procedures measure blood flow to the heart muscle both at rest and during stress on the heart. These images show areas of low blood flow through the heart and areas of damaged heart muscle.
- Stress test - cardiac stress tests are used to evaluate the causes of chest pain or shortness of breath.
- Holter monitoring - this small, portable device records your heart beat so your doctor can learn more about your heart.