News Releases | Frequently Asked Questions | Resources for Medical Professionals
Attention York County Physicians and Medical Professionals:
WellSpan Health is notifying its patients, staff and neighbors in York County of a confirmed positive case of measles in an individual who was treated at two WellSpan facilities in York between Aug. 26 and Aug. 29. WellSpan Infection Prevention and Control is working with the Pennsylvania Department of Health to identify and notify exposed patients and the public.
Those who were potentially exposed at WellSpan Health locations are asked to call the toll-free WellSpan Measles Exposure Hotline at 1-855-851-3641 as soon as possible to speak with one of our Registered Nurses. Those who were potentially exposed and are experiencing symptoms should immediately call the Pa. Department of Health’s toll-free hotline at 1-877-PA-HEALTH.
Individuals who have received the Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccination should be safe from exposure.
The confirmed case involves a patient who received care at WellSpan Stony Brook Health Center on Aug. 26, 28 and 29. This patient also received care at the WellSpan York Hospital emergency, lab and imaging departments on Aug. 26 and 29. There is no longer any risk of infection in any of these locations. WellSpan York Hospital and all medical services and practices at the WellSpan Stony Brook Health Center continue their normal operations.
However, anyone who was in the vicinity of these locations at the time of the patient could be at risk of exposure. This includes those who were in the following locations during these time periods:
- WellSpan Stony Brook Health Center, 4222 E. Market St., Lincoln Hwy. York, Pa., on Aug. 26 from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- WellSpan York Hospital, 1001 S. George St., York, Pa., on Aug. 26:
- in the proximity of the Lab from 1:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- in the proximity of the Imaging Department from 1:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- in the proximity of the Emergency Department from 6:15 p.m. to 1:45 a.m. Aug. 27
- in the proximity of the Imaging Department from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- WellSpan Stony Brook Health Center, 4222 E. Market St., Lincoln Hwy. York, Pa., on Aug. 28 from 10:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- WellSpan Stony Brook Health Center, 4222 E. Market St., Lincoln Hwy. York, Pa., on Aug. 29 from 9:50 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
If your patients contact you for care related to this exposure, please refer to the following resources:
- WellSpan York Hospital, 1001 S. George St., York, Pa., on Aug. 29 in the proximity of the Emergency Department from 11:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
For more information on measles, please visit the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/measles/hcp/index.html