Cancer: Home Treatment for Nausea or Vomiting
The best way to control nausea and vomiting is to start treating it before you start your cancer treatment. Your doctor may give you medicines to control nausea. There are also home treatments that can help you manage these symptoms.
Symptoms to watch for during home treatment
911 anytime you think you may need emergency care. For example, call if:
- You passed out (lost consciousness).
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- You have a fever.
- You can't keep down fluids or medicines.
- You think you are dehydrated.
- You have new or worse belly pain.
Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:
- You have nausea and vomiting that doesn't go away after you take anti-nausea medicine.
- You do not get better as expected.
Current as of:
May 4, 2022
Author: Healthwise Staff
Sarah Marshall MD - Family Medicine
Kathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine
Jimmy Ruiz MD - Hematology, Oncology
Current as of: May 4, 2022