Breath-Holding Spells: Keeping a Record
Before taking your child to a doctor for breath-holding spells, write down what typically happens. These descriptions will help you to give your child's doctor accurate information to make an initial diagnosis. Try to observe and record what happens before, during, and after the breath-holding spell. Keep the following questions in mind:
- What situations occur just before your child has a breath-holding spell?
- During a spell, does your child's skin color appear to become more blue-red or more pale?
- How does your child act during a spell? Do your child's muscles twitch?
- How long do the spells last?
- Does your child pass out?
- Does your child vomit or pass urine?
- How does your child act after a spell?
Current as of:
August 3, 2022
Author: Healthwise Staff
John Pope MD - Pediatrics
Kathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine
Louis Pellegrino MD - Developmental Pediatrics
Current as of: August 3, 2022