Virtual Class - All Counties
York, PA 17402
Plan to attend the Virtual WellSpan Excellence in Respiratory Care Conference providing continuing education for Respiratory Therapists that practice in various healthcare settings. This lecture has been submitted to the AARC for 5 continuing education credits including 1 credit for safety and 1 credit for ethics.
7:30 am -- Welcome by Ryan Bechtel RRT, Molly Ziegler RRT, Mary Witmer RRT, Judith Givens RRT & Ann Wilson RRT from WellSpan Health
7:45 - 8:45 -- Update on the "Role of Nutrition in Respiratory Conditions" by Julie Stefanski Med, RND, CSSD, LDN, CDCES & Beth Conway MS, RDN, LDN
8:45 - 9:45 -- "Neonatal Pneumothorax" by Julie Staub MSN, CRNP, NNP-BC
9:45 - 10:45 -- "RT ECMO Specialist…Say What?" by Josh Fine BS, RRT- NPS, CES-A
10:45 - 11:00 -- Break
11:00 - 12:00 -- "Lung Transplantation: When to be Referred and Patient Considerations Before and After" by Kevin Carney MSN, CRNP, CCTC
12:00 - 1:00 -- "Patient Safety: Are We a Help or Hinderance?" by Jason Lowe PhD, CRNA
- Discuss the risk factors for poor nutritional status in the patient with respiratory disease.
- Review evidence-based nutrition interventions for respiratory conditions.
- Understanding risk factors for developing pneumothorax in the neonatal population.
- Recognize the clinical presentation of respiratory distress in the neonate.
- What type of clinician is best suited to manage ECMO in an ICU environment.
- Describe what ECMO is and what patients may benefit from the use of it.
- Communicate the difference between referral to a transplant center and the evaluation process.
- Understand both the listing and organ allocation process for lung transplantation.
- Understand the patient safety problem.
- Understand how we can impact patient safety in our work.
Julie Stefanski, MEd, RDN, CSSD, LDN, CDCES, Stefanski Nutrition Services
Beth Conway, MS, RDN, LDN, WellSpan Nutrition Services at WellSpan York Hospital
Julie Staub, MSN, CRNP, NNP-BC, Wellspan Neonatology at WellSpan York Hospital NICU and WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital Newborn Nursery
Josh Fine, BS, RRT-NPS, CES-A, ECMO Coordinator at WellSpan York Hospital
Kevin Carney, MSN, CRNP, CCTC, Manager at Lung Center Service Line at Temple University Hospital
Jason Lowe, PhD, CRNA, Nurse Anesthesia Program Director at York College of Pennsylvania
Registration is limited to the first 300. Registration is required by clicking on "Register" to reserve your seat or call (800) 840-5905. This is an online (Zoom) option. Camera and speaker are needed to participate. You will receive an invitation after registration.
No refunds will be issued. Credit card payments only.