Virtual Class - Lebanon
Lebanon, PA 17042
Preparing you to help others experiencing mental distress. In the same way that CPR helps you assist an individual having a medical emergency, Mental Health First Aid helps you assist someone experiencing a mental health-related problem or crisis, even if you have no clinical training. In this course, you will learn to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use. The Adult Course is appropriate for anyone age 16 and older who wants to learn how to help a person who may be experiencing a mental health-related crisis.
Topics include anxiety, depression, psychosis, suicide and substance use. Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a nationally recognized certification. This workshop is designed for every member of the community. It will be especially beneficial to social service agency personnel, school and college teachers, physicians, nurses, hospitals, veteran's affairs, law enforcement, first responders, church personnel, parents and family members.
By the end of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify, understand and respond to the signs and symptoms of addiction and mental illness
- Recognize the risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems
- Learn about depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis and addiction disorders
- Apply the 5-step action plan to assess a situation and provide help
- Understand what local resources are available and where to turn to guide someone towards getting appropriate professional help
This training is provided at no cost to you as a community benefit of WellSpan Philhaven and through the support of generous donors. WellSpan Philhaven underwrites this program as part of our commitment to improve the mental health and resilience of our community.
Click "Register" to reserve your spot. A confirmation will be sent upon successful registration. Closer to the class date, an email will be sent with Zoom instructions. The class time includes a working lunch.