Virtual Class - Lebanon County
Lebanon, PA 17042
This captivating virtual session on how to help clients navigate their connection to their inner resources will explore:
- What does a spiritual experience look like, sound like, and feel like?
- What is it about an experience that makes us call it “spiritual?”
- How do we recognize, not just spiritual talk, but actual spiritual experience when it happens in a psychotherapy session?
- What can we do to support it, deepen it, and help our clients make use of it for therapeutic gain?
- Is it possible for therapists even to elicit spiritual experience in psychotherapy?
Learning Objectives include:
- Define spiritual experience for both the client and clinician in psychotherapy.
- Define how a spiritual experience could be “deeper;” describe this characteristic to help the client identify an experience of deeper quality.
- Describe skills that the clinician can teach the client to deepen his/her spiritual experience.
- Describe how the client’s spiritual experience can result in therapeutic gain.
- Distinguish between explicit and implicit spirituality.
Russell Siler Jones, ThD, LCMHCS is a psychotherapist in Asheville, North Carolina, the Director of CareNet/Wake Forest Baptist Health's Residency in Psychotherapy and Spirituality, and Developer of ACPE's Spiritually Integrated Psychotherapy Program. He is author of 'Spirit in Session: Working with Your Client's Spirituality (and Your Own) in Psychotherapy.'
2 APA Continuing Education Credits for Psychologists, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Marriage/Family Therapists. Sponsored by WellSpan Philhaven and the Center for Spiritually Integrated Care.
Click "Register" to reserve your spot for this virtual class. For more information call (717) 270-2484. Note: If you are a WellSpan employee, please use LMS to be registered at no cost! If you are attending and DO NOT need the Continuing Education Credits, please respond "Yes" on attending without continuing education credits; however, you will need to enter a credit card number but will not be charged.
Zoom instructions will be sent via email closer to the class date. Please join the Zoom session at 2:45 pm for registration purposes.