Virtual Class - Lebanon County
Lebanon, PA 17042
WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital offers classes to help patients learn to better manage their diabetes. Individuals attending class will learn about glucometer use, how to respond to high/low glucose levels, healthy eating and other ways to live well with diabetes. Classes are interactive and questions are welcome. The topics covered include:
· Class 1 - What is Diabetes? / Managing Diabetes / Low & High Blood Sugar / Goal Setting.
· Class 2 - Healthy Eating / Label Reading / Special Occasions.
· Class 3 - Medicines / Diabetes Complications / Healthy Behaviors / Travel & Emergencies.
· Class 4 - Activity & Exercise / Emotions & Diabetes / Practical Applications.
· Class 5 - Healthy Coping / Staying on Track. Class 5 is scheduled 2 to 3 months after the completion of Class 1 through 4.
The WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital Diabetes Self-Management Education Program has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association for Quality Self-Management Education. If you have any diabetes benefit coverage questions, please contact your insurance company (The billing code for the classes is G0109).
Referral from physician is required prior to attending the first class. Diabetes Education staff member will contact you directly. If you do not receive a call, please call (717) 270-7927. There will be no class on Wednesday, November 24th due to the Thanksgiving Day holiday.
Please contact us if you are unable to attend your scheduled classes.