Virtual Class - All Counties
All Counties, PA 17402
Plan to attend the Virtual WellSpan Excellence in Respiratory Care Conference providing continuing education for Respiratory Therapists that practice in various healthcare settings. This lecture has been submitted to the AARC for 4 continuing education credits.
7:30 am -- Welcome by Ryan Bechtel RRT, Molly Ziegler RRT, Mary Witmer RRT, Judith Givens RRT & Ann Wilson RRT from WellSpan Health
7:45 - 8:45 -- "Saving Lives Through Donation" by Rachel Myers, BSN, RN, CPTC, Transplant Coordinator from Gift of Life Donor Program.
8:45 - 9:45 -- "Newborn Transition: Journey From Fetal to Extrauterine Life" by Michele Anglisano, CRNP, NNP-BC from the Newborn Nursery at WellSpan Health
9:45 - 10:45 -- "Remember, We All Rise When We Lift Others . . . Keys to Wellbeing & Building Resilience in Ourselves and Others" by Michael Diller, PsyD, Director of WellSpan Health Employee Assistance Program.
10:45 - 11:00 -- Break
11:00 - 12:00 -- "ECMO . . . The Basics" by Omair Chaudhary, MD, ECMO Director from WellSpan Pulmonary & Sleep Medicine at York Hospital.
- Review how GOL becomes involved in a donation case
- Identify the different paths organ donation occurs in and how the RT role differs in each path
- Review the changes in lung management in regards to donation.
- Review the development of the lung embryology.
- Understate the physiological changes during transition from fetal to extrauterine life.
- Identify lessons learned from the pandemic that will aid in supporting good mental health
- Review how to access resources that lead to actionable steps in supporting good mental health
- What type of clinician is best suited to manage ECMO in an ICU environment
- Describe what ECMO is and what patients may benefit from the use of it.
Registration is limited to the first 300. Registration is required by clicking on "Register" to reserve your seat or call (800) 840-5905. This is an online (Zoom) option. Camera and speaker are needed to participate. You will receive an invitation after registration.
No refunds will be issued. Credit card payments only.