Your Health and Safety is Our No. 1 Priority
Our Commitment to You
WellSpan is committed to safety, equity and affordability as we continue to provide services that our patients need to ensure their safe, timely and appropriate care.
Your health and safety are our top priority
As we thoughtfully provide services that our patients need, we have added new policies and enhanced safety protocols to protect you and others during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are prepared
We are constantly working to ensure we have adequate personal protective equipment and sanitizing supplies to meet our care needs for both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 patients and procedures.
We’re making your healthcare easier
We offer convenient remote care alternatives, when appropriate – including online urgent care, video visits, telephone and e-visits.
Your health is important
Do not put off any healthcare needs – especially emergency needs or chronic disease management – during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Steps We're Taking for Safety
- When possible, patients will be asked to remain in their car until they are notified to enter.
- The number of patients seen per hour at each of our medical practices will be limited.
- When possible, patients will be taken directly to an exam room after check in. If this is not possible, waiting rooms will be altered to allow for safe social distancing.
- Check out will occur in the exam room.
- Our visitation policy limits the number of visitors accompanying a patient.
Enhanced Cleaning Standards
- Surfaces that patients contact, including furniture in exam rooms and waiting rooms, door handles, counters, signature pads, and touch screens, will be cleaned between patients.
- Location hours will be adjusted to allow for enhanced cleaning as determined by CDC guidelines.
Masks to be Worn by Everyone
- Masks must be worn by all staff, patients and visitors.
- Patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the entrance before they will be allowed to enter.
Learn more about WellSpan's Safety and Quality program
Do Not Delay Emergency Care
Because of rigorous safety measures, our hospitals remain safe places to seek care for emergency conditions, and are open 24/7. Do not delay care for emergency conditions. Call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency department immediately if you have the following symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Compound fracture (bone visible)
- Difficulty breathing
- Heart attack
- Ingestion of poisons
- Major head injuries
- Major trauma
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe burns
- Snake bites
- Uncontrollable bleeding
We're Open for Your Care Needs
Most of our doctor's offices, specialty offices and lab and imaging sites are open for you. We've increased our safety measures, and the same high-quality, personalized care is right around the corner. Make an appointment or visit one of our walk-in facilities whenever you need care.
Find a location near you.
Here for You Online – Where and When You Need Us
You can also manage your healthcare online from home. These convenient options are perfect for follow-ups for existing conditions or new, non-emergency symptoms such as rash, digestive issues, allergies, and more.
Message your doctor, review test results, manage your appointments and more with your MyWellSpan patient portal account.
Schedule a secure video visit with your primary care or specialty doctor. It's like visiting your normal doctor, but from home.
Online Urgent Care
WellSpan Online Urgent Care is 24/7 care for non-emergency conditions. See an urgent care provider, from anywhere.
Learn More About Our Safety During COVID-19
Difficulty paying WellSpan Health medical bills?
If you experience a financial hardship that makes it difficult to pay your bills for WellSpan Health services during this time, please contact us to discuss payment and account options that could ease your financial burden in the coming months. Please call the following numbers during normal business hours, Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In Adams, Lancaster, Lebanon and York counties, please call (877) 631-4262 for Customer Service or (717) 851-5051 for Financial Assistance. In Franklin and Cumberland counties, please call (717) 267-7409 and select the appropriate service.
IMPORTANT: If you have received screening, testing or treatment related to COVID-19, you will not be responsible for any out-of-pocket costs. WellSpan will bill your health insurance for these services. You will not be responsible for any amount not covered by your insurance.
Cost of Care Health Plans We Accept Financial Assistance Pay Your Bill