Coronavirus Resources for Employers
WellSpan Health is committed to supporting you, your workforce and our community with updated information, resources and services. Please contact us at WellatWork@WellSpan.org if we can support you in any way.
Up-to-date factual information and guidelines for proactive, preventative self- and other-care measures.
Coronavirus Assessment Tool Toolkit for Employers New
Mental Health Resources
Maintaining Good Mental Health Managing Stress & Emotions
myStrength: Emotional Health and Well-being Portal – free now through end of October New
A variety of sources provide information for coping with the natural worries with coronavirus:
Posters and Handouts
COVID-19 Update on May 8, 2020 hosted by WellSpan Leaders
Temporary Changes to Care Services
Access to and delivery of healthcare services may look different for you and your employees temporarily as we work to implement interventions that will help minimize spread of the virus. If an employee presents to one of our locations for a work-related service such as a physical, drug or alcohol test or injury assessment and, based on screening, is at risk for COVID-19 they will be instructed to go home, follow our instructions for additional screening and contact their employer.
What to Do If Exposed
The most important thing for anyone who thinks they might have or been exposed to the virus is to contact their primary care provider. WellSpan.org/Coronavirus contains information specific to COVID-19 and WellSpan’s response and resources related to the virus.
WellSpan will continue to provide you with additional information as updates become available. If you have additional questions, please reach out to your WellSpan representative.
WellSpan Occupational Health
Recognizing the impact of COVID-19 on employer operations and work force health, WellSpan Occupational Health has worked to maintain full operations and support through the last several weeks. However, as the situation changes, we need to make some adjustments to our practice operations as follows:
- Effective Saturday, March 28, our WellSpan Occupational Health practice in East York at 2250 East Market St. will temporarily suspend Saturday hours.
- Effective Monday, March 30, our WellSpan Occupational Health practice in Hanover at North Point Plaza, 1150 Carlisle St., Suite 21, will temporarily stop operation.
- During this time, appointments and walk-in services, including drug screening services, will be accommodated at WellSpan Occupational Health practices in East York and Gettysburg.
- Work related injury patients in Hanover can be seen at the WellSpan Urgent Care at 100 Eisenhower Dr., Suite 360. WellSpan Occupational Health practices in East York and Gettysburg will continue to see work injury related patients during their normal business hours.
In both these scenarios, we will reassess needs as state-wide regulations for general business operations are adjusted and a communication will be sent to alert you when we resume normal operations.
For the most current hours for each WellSpan Occupational Health practice, please visit WellSpan.org/OccHealth. Also, at the top of that page, there is a link to COVID-19 information specifically for employers. In this section there is also COVID-19 information specific to Occupational Health that would be good for you to review regularly.
If you have questions or would simply like more information, please call 717-812-6688 or email occupationalhealth@WellSpan.org.
WellSpan Occupational Health is committed to working with our area employers to provide access to occupational medicine, industry expertise, and guidance always, but certainly during these challenging times.
During the last several weeks, we have worked closely with our health system leaders and experts to deploy valuable access points to information that is specific to our employers and their needs.
Following the guidelines of regulatory and professional organizations, we are constantly working to align the menu of services available at WellSpan Occupational Health practices. Below are some updates you may find helpful:
- Relative to regulated physicals for CDL drivers, the FMCSA has waived the need for a medical certification/recertification exam until June 30, 2020. We will however continue to provide these exams for your drivers. We will continue to submit all necessary documentation to the National Registry.
- WellSpan Occupation Health will continue to perform respirator medical clearance and fit testing for those employees who may need initial fit testing. We have temporarily suspended spirometry at the recommendation of the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- We are working to move from breath alcohol testing to the utilization of oral swabs for DOT required alcohol testing – including pre-employment, random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion. The oral swab is a DOT compliant testing protocol. The change will include non-DOT alcohol testing as well.
- At this time, FMCSA has not waived the requirement for Federally regulated drug testing. All attempts should be made to remain in compliance. Additional information regarding DOT guidance on the compliance with drug and alcohol testing can be found on the ODAPC website.
- For those employers that are part of the DOT consortium pool and the Non-DOT consortium pool, WellSpan Occupational Health will reduce the selection numbers during Q2 2020. Increased sampling will happen so that the variance is closed in Q3 and Q4 2020.
- We are postponing the opening of our new Manchester location until further notice. We look forward to providing services to our customers in that location in the near future.