Maintaining Good Mental Health
Staying calm during the coronavirus pandemic
What can I do if I’m feeling stressed or anxious?
- Plan ahead. Make sure you have adequate supplies at home and plans for childcare and working from home, if that is what you are doing.
- Establish routines and schedules. Do you have kids who are home from school? Consider drawing up and posting a daily schedule, with times for learning, play, exercise, chores and other items.
- Practice mindfulness by focusing on things within your control, such as your daily routine, and things in your life that are positive, such as family or friends.
- Exercise. Take walks and get fresh air. Build this into your daily schedule at regular intervals.
- Incorporate joy into your schedule too! Play with your kids or a pet. Listen to music. Watch a funny movie.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Limit media exposure and stay informed with trusted sources.
- Get adequate sleep and limit screen time before bed.
- Remember it’s normal to feel anxious during stressful times. Be kind to yourself. It’s important to take care of yourself so you can help take care of others.
Coping With COVID-19: What's Next?
Part 1: I'm OK. (Am I OK?)
Part 2: The 4 M’s of Mental Health
Coping Strategies for the COVID-19 Crisis: Hallmarks of Self-Care
Part 2: Staying Connected
Part 3: Three Tips to Keep You Grounded
Part 4: Three Keys to Self-Care
Part 5: Watch What You’re Watching – Limit Media
Are you or a loved one struggling to manage stress, anxiety or depression? We are here to help. Please call us 24/7 at 1-800-932-0359. More information on WellSpan Philhaven resources and access.
Some services are temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Outpatient behavioral health in-person appointments are temporarily suspended.
- Open access walk-in hours are temporarily suspended.
You can still access care. Most appointments are offered virtually.
Lancaster and Lebanon Counties: (717) 459-7497
York and Adams Counties: (866) 840-7036
New patients (Brief Therapy Open Access)
Call (717) 812-5405. Your call will include a brief intake assessment, intervention and support.
Monday: 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:30a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.