COVID-19 WellSpan Health Food Donation Safety Guidelines
We are so appreciative of our community’s overwhelming generosity and the willingness to provide food to our caregivers and providers. We are so grateful! We are all experiencing a new reality in our homes and personal lives in the handling of packages and groceries. It is with that same air of caution that we are implementing guidelines in how we accept food into our WellSpan Health facilities. We thank you for being part of our family, please help us keep our medical family safe.
The food service department is aligning with food safety guidelines and published recommendations that have been initiated across WellSpan Health. Please read the information below when considering a donation:
- WellSpan Health is only accepting food from a commercial kitchen/facility that is licensed by the Department of Health and/or Department of Agriculture.
- All donations must be individually wrapped, pre-packaged, single service and grab-n-go, to keep our entire care team of clinical and ancillary support staff safe. (Some exceptions for raw products may be made on a case-by-case basis; example – ground coffee).
- All donations must be pre-arranged and dropped off at the appropriate location, to maintain proper practice of social distancing to minimize personal contact.
- There may be areas of greater need within the communities we serve that could benefit from your food donation, so we encourage you to consider reaching out to local food banks, homeless shelters, or other community organizations.
- Thank you once again for your support!
Bulk Shelf-Stable Donations: Bulk donations (100 units or more) of shelf-stable food items are acceptable at WellSpan Health. Each location/hospital can handle bulk donations. Please complete the I Want To Help Form and we will follow up with you.
Freshly Prepared Meal Donations: WellSpan Health will accept pre-packaged, individual servings from licensed restaurants that would be delivered to our locations. Please complete the I Want To Help Form and we will follow up with you.
We will work to redirect all donations that don’t meet these standards to community organizations who might need assistance with food.