Lifelong Health & Wellness
Addressing Health Issues – Mind, Body & Spirit
Living a healthy lifestyle is a life-long commitment. It is more like a marathon than a sprint. At WellSpan, we believe in not just addressing acute care, but also prevention, chronic disease management, and mental and physical health.
With additional and unprecedented health challenges created by COVID-19, we saw the need to do more for our community beyond treating physical ailments. WellSpan Health immediately developed a pipeline of resources to ensure we were addressing the stressors and supporting the coping skills our friends and neighbors need to help manage the dynamics created by COVID-19.
A few other examples of programs we ran in 2021 include:
- 10-Pound Throwdown, a community weight loss challenge, which engaged 7,200 individuals in losing approximately 14,000 pounds.
- The Get Outdoors (GO) program across five counties, which engaged 5,000 kids and parents in an outdoors physical activity program aligned with local library summer reading programs.
- Tobacco and cessation programs, which educated more than 1,100 individuals.
- Opioid use disorder treatment combining medication and recovery support, which impacted 667 patients.
- The Autism Awareness Fair, which provided education to 512 Franklin County residents.
- The Ephrata Prediabetes & Diabetes Prevention Program, which engaged 24 people with prediabetes in an educational program on lifestyle behaviors and prevention.
In This Section