WellSpan Health's qualifications are quite different from other volunteer agencies due to being a health care organization. We have several agencies that set the requirements/qualifications for our Volunteers, including the Joint Commission and the Department of Health.
- At least 16 years of age
- 100 hours of service within first twelve (12) months of starting
- Dependable, responsible, friendly
- Criminal background checks for adult applicants (state and/or federal)
- Child abuse clearance verifications (for adult applicants with pediatric contact)
- Health screenings (including proof of immunizations and tuberculosis tests)
- Personal reference checks
- Annual requirements, including education and infection control
Are you ready to apply?
If you are ready to make a difference to others and meet the requirements listed above, please complete one of the online application forms below, based on your age.
What happens after I apply?
Once we receive your application, it will be reviewed to determine eligibility. If initial qualifications are met, you will be contacted (via e-mail or phone) to schedule an orientation session. Once you have attended orientation, an interview will be scheduled to determine your volunteer position as well as other necessary requirements (health screening, criminal background and reference verifications, etc.).
Please note: The typical timeframe for an applicant to start volunteering is anywhere from 6-8 weeks, depending on capacity of orientation sessions, additional training needed, criminal background results, meeting health screening requirements, etc.