WellSpan has established a team of licensed athletic trainers who work with local schools and sports teams to provide athletic training services for practices, games, meets and tournaments.
WellSpan's athletic trainers are experienced with treating athletes and providing coverage for a wide variety of local sporting events. Our experienced team of athletic trainers also works with athletes to help prevent injuries through our injury prevention program and functional movement screens.
Our athletic trainers:
- Cover various sporting events
- Provide treatment to individuals to help prevent, recognize and manage athletic-related injuries
- Rehabilitate injured athletes to help them return to play
- Work under the direct supervision of a licensed physician or other health care professional
- Collaborate with our orthopedic doctors and surgeons
- Teach athletes sports-specific exercises and proper stretching techniques to help prevent injury
- Provide functional movement screens
- Provide medical care to athletes at contracted schools
For more information, please call (877) 482-5420.