WellSpan seeks to provide the highest level of clinical care in a manner which places the patient at the center of a multidisciplinary care planning and delivery process. We strive to provide a uniform high standard of evidence-based clinical excellence throughout York and Adams counties, while making the experience of patients and their families as positive as possible,from diagnosis through treatment.
Through the coordination of Radiation, Surgical and Medical Oncology, as well as navigation and support services, WellSpan is committed to providing clinically excellent, patient-focused, state-of-the-art care and comprehensive support services for cancer patients and their families. We also offer participation in numerous national clinical trials for the prevention and treatment of cancer.
WellSpan's integrated clinical and supportive services for cancer patients are conveniently arrayed throughout York and Adams counties in order to meet community need and provide easy access to excellent care for patients throughout our region.
No matter where within the WellSpan system you go for your cancer care, know that the same high standard of multi-disciplinary cancer care and supportive services, backed by strong leadership and staff, will be provided to you.
Why Choose WellSpan?
There is a difference in the cancer care available in our region and you can make a choice. WellSpan’s system of cancer care offers skilled physicians, advanced technology and individualized treatment that produce a high standard of multi-disciplinary cancer care backed by strong leadership and staff. Below are some things to consider about WellSpan when making your decision:
- WellSpan's oncology services provide a single high standard of evidence-based clinical excellence throughout York and Adams counties.
- Radiation, Surgical and Medical Oncology services are carefully coordinated in order to minimize time between consultations,office visits, as well as limit the number of trips to the medical facility.
- WellSpan Oncology offers a robust clinical trials program which advantages its patients of leading edge therapy.
- The members of the WellSpan provider team are clinical experts in their fields. They are Board Certified specialists who bring education and experience to bear in the treatment of a life threatening illness.
- Our team includes the expertise of a full range of support services which includes oncology social workers, dietitians, a nurse navigator and nurse educators, is available to assist patients and their families.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration within the Wellspan Health system affords patients of additional services such as diagnostic imaging, laboratory services, physical therapy, outpatient infusion, complimentary medicine, palliative care, pain management services and other physician specialties often located in same building or on same campus.
- All radiation oncology facilities accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- The York Cancer Center is approved by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer as a Teaching Hospital Cancer Program.
- The York Cancer Center is a formal affiliate of the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins.
- Our provider team holds weekly multidisciplinary conferences that foster interdisciplinary, evidence-based discussions and treatment planning, which lead to best-practice therapies and optimize outcomes for the cancer patient.