Cardiovascular Research and Clinical Trials
Advances in medicine and science are the result of new ideas and approaches developed through research. Cardiovascular clinical trials are carefully designed studies conducted to determine optimal treatment methods and improve the quality of life for patients.
WellSpan’s Cardiovascular Research Department and Cardiac Diagnostic Associates participate in numerous clinical trials. Below is a list of our active trials; click on the links below to learn more:
- PEGASUS TIMI 54: Study evaluating Ticagrelor, an antiplatelet medication, for long term treatment.
- ALERTS: Study evaluating the safety and effectiveness of an experimental device designed to detect electrical heart signal changes that may indicate the earliest stages of a heart attack)
- EXPERT CTO: Study to evaluate a coronary stent in Chronic Total Occlusions)
- SAPPHIRE: A carotid stent registry (Cordis).
- PFO Access: The Amplatzer PFO registry for people who have a patent foramen ovale and who have had two documented strokes prior to enrollment.
- CITADEL/CENTURION: A registry for an antibiotic device pocket for high-risk implants.
- SuperNOVA: An investigational SFA/Popliteal Stent from Boston Scientific.
- FREEDOM: A carotid stent study with Gore.
- Cardiac PET Scan Trial from Lantheus: This trial is investigating an investigational isotope for use in Cardiac PET scan.
- SHIELD-2 (Shock Inhibition Evaluation with Azimilide): A randomized trial to study the effects of Azimilide on the incidence of cardiovascular hospitalizations/ED visits or death in patients with an ICD.
- CANOPY: A carotid stent trial for carotid patients who are not high risk for surgery (standard risk patients).
To learn more about all of our cardiovascular clinical trials, call us at (717) 851-3472.