Occupational Health Services
- We provide 24-hour coverage for work-related Injuries through WORKFIRST, which is backed up by WellSpan ReadyCare and both the WellSpan York Hospital and WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital Emergency Departments.
- Case management, available through WORKFIRST, promotes speedy return-to-work and case resolution through "day one" coordination and oversight of employee injury care, whether the employee is being treated by an occupational medicine provider or a specialist.
- Rehabilitation and Work Hardening programs help return injured employees back to work in a timely manner.
- Pre-placement (post-hire) physicals are available to businesses requiring a physical examination to help ensure the right fit between the employee and the job
- Department of Transportation (DOT) driver physicals
- Respirator physicals and respirator fit testing are designed to meet OSHA regulations for workers who must wear respiratory protection on the job
- Medical Surveillance Examinations for workers who fall under OSHA standards for exposure to heavy metals and other hazardous substances (e.g., lead, cadmium, toluene, beryllium, asbestos, etc.)
- Executive evaluations provide regular screening exams (based on preventive medicine guidelines) to facilitate early detection and intervention for common adult medical problems and risk factors.
Drug and Alcohol
- Policy development assistance for DOT and non-DOT company policies on substance abuse
- Urine drug testing, both DOT and non-DOT, using a SAMHSA-certified laboratory. Positive tests are confirmed using GC/MS technology, and reviewed by a WORKFIRST Medical Review Officer
- Breath alcohol testing, both DOT and non-DOT, performed by certified Breath Alcohol Technicians
- Random testing programs, using employer-established criteria for percentage, frequency, etc. Testing "pools" are segregated by employee type (DOT vs. Non-DOT); employers may join existing consortia, or establish their own individual pool
- Employee education and supervisor training on the warning signs of drug and alcohol abuse
- Referral to a certified Substance Abuse Professional for employees testing positive for drugs and/or alcohol
Drug Testing Laboratory Information
WORKFIRST uses Clinical Reference Laboratory (CRL) for all drug abuse testing. CRL is SAMHSA certified, and can provide a full array of drug testing services:
- Department of Transportation-regulated
- Confirmation of Rapid (onsite) drug tests
WORKFIRST offers clients access to their employees' non-DOT drug test results 24 hours a day via the internet or by telephoning the Confidential Results Line toll-free number and requesting that your results be faxed to you.
WORKFIRST Drug Testing
WORKFIRST's reference laboratory for drugs of abuse testing (DOT and non-DOT):
Clinical Reference Laboratory (CRL)
8433 Quivira Road
Lenexa KS 66215
Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the first stop for international travelers should be the Travel Clinic at WORKFIRST. Travel Clinic services include a consultation with a physician regarding the employee's current health status and travel destination, health and safety information specific to the foreign destination, and administration of required or recommended immunizations. The clinic also provides prescriptions for prophylactic medications as necessary.
For more information on our travel clinic, call our Travel Clinic phone line (717) 851-1600 option 6.