Can help you lose weight, reduce cholesterol, control blood pressure, increase energy, and address many other health-related concerns.
Nearly 2,500 years ago Hippocrates said "Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." Only now are we beginning to realize the true science behind these wise old words.
Learn about foods which may contribute to "insulin resistance," a very common condition that predisposes one to obesity, high blood pressure, high triglycerides, Type II diabetes mellitus, and coronary heart disease (the number one killer of both men and women in the U.S.)
Get the facts about antioxidants and phytochemicals such as carotenoids, phytoestrogens, isothiocyanates in broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and other cruciferous vegetables. Learn about the foods that stimulate our immune system and inhibit the cancer process in our bodies. In addition, find out which of the foods at our disposal contain cancer-causing agents and what foods could actually enhance tumor growth.
From herbs, soy, and green tea to the omega-3 rich fish, you will be empowered to make more informed decisions. Whether you have a medical condition or are just seeking optimal health, sound nutritional advice is essential. Arm yourself with the latest scientific knowledge today so you may enjoy a more healthful tomorrow.
Are you confused about nutrition and natural supplements?
Without proper nutrition, life's day-to-day stresses take a toll on your body and impact your well being and quality of living. If you're ready to improve your health by improving your nutrition, take these three steps.
- Obtain sound medical guidance
- Eat a proper diet
- Take natural supplements based on your needs
- Medical Guidance: Nutritional counselors at the Center for Mind/Body Health work closely with WellSpan Center for Mind/Body Health's medical director to assess your health status and nutritional needs. They develop a plan for achieving your nutritional and wellness goals that includes diet and supplements.
- Diet: To get optimal results, your body needs the proper nutrition to use as fuel for living and thriving. We'll show you how to incorporate natural and organic foods into a well-rounded diet.
- Supplements: The center's nutritional counselors will help you determine which supplements you need to address medical issues and prevent future problems.
Confused about vitamins, minerals, and other supplements? Interested in cooking and eating better, to meet your unique nutritional needs? Intrigued with vegetarianism or organic foods? Wondering whether food can alter your mood or ability to concentrate? Could the foods you eat aggravate your physical symptoms? These and many other questions can be answered with a one-on-one consultation at the center, or in one of our nutrition class offerings. Our specially-trained providers offer education, personal nutritional guidance and information on how to incorporate natural medicines such as vitamins and herbs into your overall health plan.
Personal Nutritional Consultations and Counseling
Whether your goal is improving general nutrition, increasing energy, losing weight, increasing anti-aging agents or addressing specific health issues, a registered dietitian can help you formulate a nutrition plan unique to your needs.