Colonoscopy Preparation for Morning Procedures
You should have only clear liquids the entire day prior to your colonoscopy.
Preparation for colonoscopies scheduled before noon:
- Take two Dulcolax Laxative tablets (not the Dulcolax stool softener) about 2-3 hours before starting the Gatorade/Miralax preparation.
- The Miralax (8.3 oz. bottle) should be mixed with a 64 oz. bottle of Gatorade. You should start drinking the Gatorade/Miralax between noon and 2 p.m. the day before your test. Drink one 8 oz. glass every 15-20 minutes until the full prep is completed.
- You should not mix the Miralax with any red or orange flavored Gatorade or Power Aid as this will cause a discoloration within your colon and could be misinterpreted as blood.
- If you are diabetic, you should use Power Aid Zero instead of Gatorade.
- If your return is not yellow colored or clear after taking the entire preparation, please call our office for further instructions. Our doctors are also on call after office hours and can be reached if there are any problems.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT MIRALAX AND DULCOLAX LAXATIVE TABLETS ARE NOT PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS AND CAN BE PURCHASED OVER THE COUNTER.