Please note that we are not accepting new patients other than newborns at this time. Please complete new patient paperwork, and bring it with you to your child's first appointment.
Make an Appointment
You have three convenient options for scheduling an appointment with one of our providers:
- Need to be seen quickly for an injury, illness or routine follow-up? Use your secure MyWellSpan patient portal account to view available appointments and pick the date and time that best suit your schedule. Please note that you will need to apply for proxy access to your child's electronic health record (EHR) to use this option. For more information or to sign up for MyWellSpan, click HERE.
- Send us an appointment request using MyWellSpan's secure messaging feature. Again, proxy access to your child's EHR is required to use this option. Please note that you should use this option only for non-urgent and routine appointment requests.
- Call our office during regular business hours.
Need Another Option?
If none of the options above meet your needs, we encourage you to visit one of our conveniently located walk-in care locations:
- WellSpan CareExpress is a "convenience care" option for minor injuries and everyday illnesses, such as ear pain, sore throats, conjunctivitis (pink eye), urinary tract infections (UTIs), rashes and bronchitis. (3 locations)
- WellSpan ReadyCare provides immediate care for everyday illnesses, minor injuries, sprains/strains and slightly more serious conditions, such as minor lacerations. (2 locations)
- Orthopedic Walk-in Injury Care at WellSpan provides immedate care for musculoskeletal emergencies and sports injuries, including broken bones, sudden joint or back pain, and strains/sprains. (2 locations)
- Not sure which type of walk-in service is right for you? Click here for information about patient ages treated, diagnostic services offered, and conditions and illnesses treated at each location.
Since all WellSpan offices and locations use the same electronic health record (often referred to as an "EHR"), providers at our walk-in locations will have instant access to your WellSpan medical records at the time of your visit. Similarly, your primary care provider will be able to review the details of your walk-in care visit.
WellSpan's EHR makes it possible for providers to coordinate patient care across the WellSpan system. This benefits our patients on many levels, including quality of care, safety, cost and overall satisfaction.
Prepare for Your Appointment
Our physicians and staff strive to partner with you and your family to achieve the best health care possible. To help us serve you and other patients better, please:
- Give us as much notice as possible if you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment so we can offer that time to another patient. Please note that you may cancel your appointment online 24/7 through your secure MyWellSpan account.
- Call as early as possible if you have an immediate need to be seen due to illness or injury. Better yet, use the MyWellSpan online appointment scheduling feature 24/7 to select your preferred date and time.
- Be prepared to give our receptionist complete information when you call, including the reason(s) for your visit. This will allow us to schedule the appropriate amount of time to address your needs.
- Bring all medications in their original containers with you each visit so we can verify them and provide you with appropriate refills. Please note that we will not prescribe any new medicines by telephone.