Effective Monday, Oct. 13, the changes noted below will take place on the WellSpan York Hospital campus as a result of the next phase of the Emergency Department renovation project. Red shaded areas on the map below show effected areas now through December 2014.
- The week of Oct. 6, traffic on South Drive will be restricted to emergency ambulance use only during installation of water/sewer lines; flaggers will help direct traffic; West Drive will be open until Oct. 13
- Effective 5 a.m. on Oct. 13, the South George St. entrance (West Drive) will close to all traffic until early December.
- Routine ambulance transport: Continue to use Rathton Road campus entrance to North Entrance off the Main Drive
- Emergency ambulances: Access Emergency Department via Irving Road
- Patient pick-ups/drop-offs and WellSpan Pharmacy: Use Terrace level entrance of the Patient Care Tower
- Irving Road: Parking will be restricted; cars parked illegally will be ticketed and/or towed at the owner’s expense
- Ketterman Building: A drop-off/pick-up area for visitors will be located behind the Ketterman Building.
8/4/14 Update: Construction Begins
Starting Monday, Aug. 4, 2014, there will be significant changes happening on the WellSpan York Hospital campus, as a result of the Emergency Department renovation project.
These changes will primarily impact employee shuttle and parking access, as well as patient and family access to and from the Emergency Department. Please review the photo below which shows the areas affected by the current phase of construction (shaded in red). These changes are expected to last through September 2014.
** The WellSpan York Hospital Emergency Department will remain OPEN at all times during construction. **
Construction will effect the following roads, entrances and parking areas:
- West Drive: One lane between 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tower Drive: Closed
- Receiving Dock-PCT: Open with restrictions
- Patient Pick-up/Drop-off:
- Main Drive to Parking
- Garage to Level 2
- Ambulance Canopy: Open for emergencies
- Transport ambulances to North Entrance
- Helipad: Open
- Staff Parking:
- South lots
- Drive behind lot 5: Closed
- Lot entrance at lot 8
- ED Guest Parking: Open
- Irving Road: Open with increased traffic
- Routine ambulance transports: Use South Entrance to the North Entrance off the Main Drive.
- Patient discharges: Use the Terrace Entrance.
- Patient pick-ups/drop-offs/pharmacy visits: Use Terrace Level Entrance of the Patient Care Tower.
- Outpatient pick-ups/drop-offs: Follow temporary signs for appropriate entrances & departments.