Mission and Goals
WellSpan Health Radiography Program’s mission is to prepare competent, entry-level radiographers who are able to function within the healthcare community. The school is guided by the mission statement, values, and strategies of WellSpan Health.
Student Learning Goals
Goal #1: All students will be clinically competent.
- Students will utilize appropriate positioning skills and appropriate technique factors
- Students will employ appropriate radiation protection
- Students will apply appropriate patient care
Goal #2: All students will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills within the clinical environment.
- Students will evaluate diagnostic images and determine appropriate corrections
- Students will modify routine radiographic skills to accommodate various patient conditions and other variables
Goal #3: All students will practice effective communication.
- Students will conduct appropriate professional oral communication skills
- Students will apply appropriate professional written communication skills
Goal #4: All students will recognize the importance of professionalism.
- Students will practice appropriate professional attitudes and ethical behavior
- Students will identify the benefits of professional membership