Tributes & Memorials
The York Health Foundation is an entity of WellSpan Health that coordinates and acknowledges all charitable gifts to WellSpan York Hospital, WellSpan VNA Home Health, WellSpan Medical Group and Healthy Community Pharmacy.
Donations may be directed to a specific entity (such as WellSpan York Hospital), a specific fund (such as the Cancer Patient Help Fund) or a program (such as the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit). Donations may also be made "unrestricted" to one of the entities.
Memorial or Honor donations should be made payable to the York Health Foundation and should specify the location or entity (e.g., WellSpan York Hospital, WellSpan VNA Home Health) and/or fund to which the gift is to be directed (see list below).
Gifts may also be designated as "unrestricted" to the York Health Foundation, WellSpan York Hospital, or WellSpan VNA Home Health. Donations may be made online or may be mailed to:
York Health Foundation
50 N. Duke St., Suite 200
York, PA 17401
We will acknowledge the donor, and the family of the deceased or the honoree will be provided with a list of donors biweekly for the first month and monthly thereafter. Please send the next of kin name and complete address to email@example.com so that we may insure receipt of the donor list.
Funds to which donations may be designated (explanations are provided for those that are not self-explanatory). Please be sure to have donors specify to which fund they would like to make the donation.
- Cancer Patient Help Fund: Provides assistance with daily living expenses (i.e., rent, utilities, food) for cancer patients while they are undergoing treatment.
- WellSpan York Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- WellSpan York Hospital Pediatrics
- Alzheimer's: WellSpan Neurosciences
- Parkinson's: WellSpan Neurosciences
- Healthy Beginnings Plus: A program to assist low-income pregnant women with nutrition, healthy behavior, regular check-ups to insure a healthy baby.
- Bev Malloy Nursing Scholarship Fund
- Nurses Training Fund: For ongoing training
- WellSpan VNA Home Health
- Kidney Dialysis
- Dialysis Help Fund: Assists dialysis patients with daily living expenses.
- WellSpan Behavioral Health: Provides counseling for children with behavioral health issues.
- WellSpan Community Health Center: Located on Boundary Ave. in York, the center serves anyone in need and provides family physicians, pediatrics, OB/GYN and specialty services. The former Children's Growth and Development Clinic is now a part of the WellSpan Community Health Center.
- Child Life Program: Provides recreational activities for sick children.
- WellSpan Heart & Vascular
- Women's Heart Program
- WellSpan York Hospital Medical Education
- Eye Center
- WellSpan York Hospital Pastoral Care: Provides for pastoral internship program.
- WellSpan York Hospital Dental Center: Provides care on a sliding fee basis for those who are unable to pay.
- Uninsured Children's Fund: Supports the Health Connect Mobile Medical Van, which serves those who are uninsured, outside of York City, in York and Adams counties.
- Asthma Camp: A one-week camp for children with asthma
- Asthma Education
- Crisis Intervention
- WellSpan Mental Health
- WellSpan York Hospital Emergency Services/Trauma
- Emig Research Center
- Joe Jerardi Help Fund: Assists hospital patients with expenses such as cab or bus fare when discharged.
- RESOLVE Bereavement: For those who have lost a baby.
- Blood Donor/Labs
- Reach Out and Read: Provides books to children waiting at the Community Health Center.
- Bike Helmets: Provides reduced cost or free bike helmets to low income children
- Palliative Care: Supports the WellSpan York Hospital's end-of-life care program, which is a team approach working with families to consider physical, spiritual, and emotional aspects of a patient's final days.
- Assisted Living: Supports geriatric psychiatric patients in assisted living facilities, including staff training