Community Partnership Grants
WellSpan Health is committed to endeavors that improve the health status of the communities and people we serve. That's why we have a Community Partnership Grant Program that supports health-related community activities through cash contributions.
Organizations that qualify as not-for-profit, tax-exempt and that serve the communities in WellSpan Health’s service area may apply for a Community Partnership Grant. Grants to individuals, for-profit entities and organizations outside of the service area will not be considered.
Proposed grant projects should:
- Be consistent with WellSpan Health's vision to improve the health and well being of the people we serve. Health is broadly defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being—a positive concept emphasizing social and personal resources, as well as physical capabilities.
- Be relevant to the health status needs as identified in the most recent WellSpan Community Health Needs Assessment. Current priority areas include: overweight/obesity, health care access, tobacco use, depression and end-of-life care. However, health-related projects outside of these priority areas may also be considered for funding.
- Demonstrate innovation and community collaboration whenever possible.
- Have budgets that do not exceed $50,000. Most grants are less than $20,000. Examples of recent grants include:
- Junior Achievement Grant request in the amount of $5,000 to support the STEM Summit program for high school students exploring careers in science, technology, engineering or math.
- Adams County Food Policy Council/The Center for Public Service at Gettysburg College Grant in the amount of $2,400 towards the $4,800 needed to host an AmeriCorps*VISTA member.
- Healthy Adams County: Empowerment Through Exercise Program Grant in the amount of $1,565 for program-related costs.
- YMCA/Young Men’s Leadership Conference Grant in the amount of $11,500 to support the leadership conference.
How to Apply:
Email the completed application and the following attachments to email@example.com:
- IRS determination letter
- Current board of directors list
- Most recent income statement
- Completed and signed current W-9 form
You may also mail the material to:
ATTN: Tracy Gross
45 Monument Rd., Suite 200
York, PA 17403
Application due dates are July 1, December 1 and April 1. Please allow 90 days to receive a response.
For more information on this program, contact Tracy Gross, WellSpan Health, at (717) 851-2381.