Forensic Psychological Evaluations
Providers perform comprehensive psychological evaluations and consultations for the courts and for attorneys for a wide range of legal matters. These evaluations include a structured clinical psychological interview and a battery of standardized psychological tests, including individual intelligence tests and personality inventories.
- Determination of severity of intellectual impairment or of mental retardation to assist with determining competency to stand trial
- Determining dangerousness of adolescents and adults
- Providing treatment recommendations to the courts, including the most appropriate placements for adolescents with severe behavioral disorders
- Providing recommendations for treatment necessary for reunification of a child with a parent, when the child has been removed from the home by the court
- Disability determination
- Determination of competency to manage one's finances and of necessity for court appointment of a guardian to have power of attorney over finances
- Determining capability for vocational rehabilitation in worker's compensation cases
- Determining vocational capabilities and earning capacity with retraining for a spouse for rehabilitative alimony in equitable distribution cases
- Determining loss of earning capacity in personal injury cases
- Determining the presence and severity of an underlying psychological disorder and risk factors for repeat offenses for persons on juvenile and adult probation
Robert Alan Gordon, M.Ed., C.A.G.S. is a licensed psychologist with 28 years of experience in conducting forensic psychological evaluations. He has conducted court ordered psychological evaluations for York County Children and Youth Services and for the York County Juvenile and Adult Probation Departments.
Mr. Gordon has conducted numerous psychological evaluations and, based upon those evaluations, have testified as a psychological expert witness in criminal hearings and trials, worker's compensation hearings, product liability hearings, arbitration hearings, personal injury trials, competency hearings, equitable distribution hearings, custody hearings and in the U.S. District Court. He has testified in court as a psychological expert witness in counties in central, western and southeastern Pennsylvania.
For more information about our forensic psychological evaluations or to refer a client for an evaluation, please call (717) 812-4225 or (717) 812-4053